Hydration and hydrating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A very informative article, Hydration for SCUBA Diving and Fitness, appears in this month's issue of California Diver. Might be of interest to some people on this thread. "even when drinking adequately between dives, your body can absorb only between one and one-and-a-half gallons per hour; and fluid loss from immersion diureses may equal the amount of fluid intake. However, a good goal for fluid intake is one liter per hour during activities. You should increase your fluid intake if your urine becomes darker or the volume of urine decreases."

It seems another item we have seem to not brought up.. is alcohol dehydration, either, prior to, before the boat/beach/ just before, on the boat/ at the beach, post dive consumption. NOW' "before this gets to become a hijacked thread" on alcohol use and diving. I want to stop that now!!!!before this becomes the focus. most divers have either witnessed it, or been a part of it, so i'm amplifying. this isn't about beer and diving. NOW-
what is the personal/projected % of dehydration from diving with alcohol either residual (hang-over dive) or presently ingested?
this is growing the way I hoped it would and getting some great fact vs opinion .
thanx divers

Back
Top Bottom