The Economics of Rebreathers: unused gas costs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Lagoon is another. If you are lucky, you can sell your bailout to an incoming party. When I was last there, there wasn't a party coming in that could use it. It ended up being a tip to the working staff.

But my home bailout, it is years old. VIS, don't even have that sticker on it anymore. Hydro, that was up a couple years ago. But as long as I don't have to fill it everything is fine. It's only the travel stuff that can get sticky.

Blue Lagoon is another. If you are lucky, you can sell your bailout to an incoming party. When I was last there, there wasn't a party coming in that could use it. It ended up being a tip to the working staff.

But my home bailout, it is years old. VIS, don't even have that sticker on it anymore. Hydro, that was up a couple years ago. But as long as I don't have to fill it everything is fine. It's only the travel stuff that can get sticky.
100%. I’ve got a set of double 120s with 10/85. Either I have to use them for a real bailout situation or they will stay full until the heat death of the universe. I will not drain them to VIP or hydro.

100%. I’ve got a set of double 120s with 10/85. Either I have to use them for a real bailout situation or they will stay full until the heat death of the universe. I will not drain them to VIP or hydro.
What about if you accidentally depress the purge of your second stage in the back of a truck en route to a deep dark scary cave hole...

why is the valve open and the regs installed in the back of your truck? and highland venting din plugs are a thing so even bumping the valve open won't make you lose all your trimix

why is the valve open and the regs installed in the back of your truck? and highland venting din plugs are a thing so even bumping the valve open won't make you lose all your trimix
More of a question for a certain someone else in the thread who probably still feels the pain of it and doesn’t need my additional ribbing

More of a question for a certain someone else in the thread who probably still feels the pain of it and doesn’t need my additional ribbing

IMG_4428.jpeg

This happened to me. It’s common (for us) to have tanks with regs on them. They’re always off though.

Except for this time it wasn’t and my 120s drained.

Weeping and gnashing.

This happened to me. It’s common (for us) to have tanks with regs on them. They’re always off though.

Except for this time it wasn’t and my 120s drained.

Weeping and gnashing.

I had a normoxic student that didn't want to spend the $30 to buy two SS din plugs. Then he drove home from Pompano and his doubles drained on the way. Guess what he bought after that?

We all make mistakes sooner or later.

I had a normoxic student that didn't want to spend the $30 to buy two SS din plugs. Then he drove home from Pompano and his doubles drained on the way. Guess what he bought after that?

We all make mistakes sooner or later.
I don’t leave any tank without a reg or a plug in em. Too dangerous for the bank account

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom