Hurricane Ivan is next...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boy and i thougth it couldn't get any worse before i read that song

:eyebrow:

Don't worry Andy... it can. :D

I am working up versions of

"Blowin in the wind"

"Hurricane came up from the Carribean" (Devil Went down to Ga)

'Here comes the Cane again"

"Hazy shade of Hurricanes"

"The Night they Blew ol' Florida off the Map"

"They'll never pass this way again!"

"Living the Hurricane Loca"

Sounds like you have too much time on your hands now Pete, what with people not having power to drive their computers to get you to fix the networks!! Maybe you had 3 days indoors like the rest of us of course, going stir crazy and just had to make up some new songs! :wink:

I have one other questions, should there be 3 canes that come through here in one year, will that make the insurance companies truly change their policies. I heard that they might go back to making you only pay 1 deductible (like 2-10% of your house) per season rather than per event. Beyond that, Andrew made them come up with that idea and a few others, from what i am told, but would the frequency and therefore every increasing dent in the ins co pockets change things dramatically?? I would hate to see 3rd quarter profits for those ins co's, not much fun in their boardrooms! :wink:

Naw Sim,

I have been busy, busy, busy... :D

People have reset things they shouldn't. They have plugged in things wrong. They have even been perplexed when it is all pugged in and still doesn't work (hit the UPS switch for that one). Add that to the other stoopid stuff that they do and I have been hopping! :D

Here is a interesting course track for Ivan. If it really goes this way, then that is one scary hurricane

Paul

Photo was :censored: by NetDoc... it's a family board!

So what do all these hurricanes do before the season, get around the table and plan their attack?? I am surprised they dont all try to come at once, rush us as it were, or does a continual beating, one after another truly tell us to get off the peninsular?

Sim,

the last real hurricane to hit Central Florida was back in 1960. We beat the odds for sooooo long that it was bound to catch up on us.

I just saw that on the news... Quelle bummer! I think they have my address on that 2 am spot! :D

Good Lord, I got up this morning and took a look at the projected path...ack!! Looks like the probability is that Flarida will be part of the path, and only a smaller possibility of it staying westbound...wow.
Amusingly, my co-worker went ahead and took off on her cruise (!) on Monday...loooks like they'll be running from this one all week...
Somehow, I don't think my company's crops (sugar) are going to make it through this season no matter what....this season seems to be decimating the entire Florida agricultural base.....a lot of workers out of work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom