Howdy from the Lone Star State.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost.Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
What's up everyone....

I've searched the web high and low looking for a decent, up to date scuba message board. Whenever I thought I found one, the date of the last response was 6 months ago!!! So now I've found a real live up-to-date board.
Here's some info on me; I've been certified almost 2 years now, about 110 logged dives, PADI Rescue and IANTD Advanced Nitrox certified. I am working towards on my divemaster certifications. I plan on getting fully cave certified next year if everything works out. (i.e money and time!!)
When fully suited, I could be a walking ad for Mares; Dragonfly (not AT), MR22 Abyss, Volo's, ESA mask. Had a Guardian comp but traded it in for Aeris 500AI. That's about it for me...

Great to be here, now lets get wet....

TxDeepDiver,

You have found the right place...hardly six minutes go by without a post here! Six months? Remind me not to go there! Now, I do have to warn you that we have some real characters around here, but they mean well! I just hope you have a good sense of humor and can stand a few bad jokes along the way!

On the other hand, if you want opinions about dive sites, dive equipment, dive techniques, etc., we are the place to come. And if you feel like giving as well as getting, well we have questions for your answers!

So, welcome from California and try real hard to remember to enjoy yourself whilst you are diving. Now, that's real hard, isn't it?

Joewr.......who isn't even allowed in Texas, except when NetDoc issues a visa!

We can't count, but we sure welcome you to the best board SCUBA or otherwise on the net. I hope you make as many friends and learn as much as I have. Make sure you fill out your bio fully, as we may not remember what you are certified in and what you are working towards.

BTW, I am the one JoeWR is trying to warn you about...

:tease:

Hello and welcome from the second largest province in the second largest country inthe world.......Thats right you guessed it .........Ontario......

How come there are sooooooo many Texans on this board???
I thought you guys/gals only dove (dive in ) mud holes and cattle troughs............hmmmmmmmmm must have a replacement program going for all the divers you lose in that lovely 0-0 vis. hehehe

Butch :peace:

Don't knock 0 viz mud holes until you've dove them....
The local mudhole is where I did most of my AOW dives; viz sooo bad I did a night dive in the middle of the afternoon, compass nav involved running out the the 16' bass boat, turning 90 deg towards the sunken toliet, then another 90 deg to the rusted bike/junk pile!!!! You know viz really sucks when you can't see a bright orange lift bag within a 4' search pattern.

P.S. only times when you can't dive this 'place' is sat. nights for obvious reasons....

TxDeepDiver........can't dive saturday nights........

are the mud holes that muddy cause the cowboys had their weekly baths.............

Butch :peace:

Well, no cowboys in this area, just the extras from Deliverence; ('meet my wife who's also my second cousin..' type people')...hehe.

Don't get me wrong, Tx is great state, just can't miss a chance to make fun of this little place, even though it's the only place I've found within a 15min drive that has more than 20' of depth.

Gee, sounds like you're describing Lost Lake, or sections of Lake Travis!

I'm just east of Houston, where are you?

I'd like to be the first to invite you to join the Texas Swamp Divers. We're the Texas branch of Neptune Divers International...the dive club being formed here on Scuba Board. You can join the discuaaions at... http://communities.msn.com/TexasSwampDivers/_whatsnew.msnw

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the boards. You'll dig it it here. There are folks from all over the world...and all over Texas. You'll have to hook up with us on one of our "swampdives". TexasMike is pretty good about organizing those types of things. I believe there's a bunch going to Lake Travis on the last weekend of this month. See the Texas Section for the latest details.

Back
Top Bottom