Greetings from the Lone Star State

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gulfcoaster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello and greetings from Texas ! Long time diver who is getting back into it after a 10 year break.

Went to Cozumel over Thanksgiving and I'm hooked again ! Even got my 14 year old son certified.

Going to start some DIY projects and I've already learned so much just lurking around before deciding to register.

Hi @gulfcoaster

Nothing like diving with your family. My wife, son, and daugher with me in Bonaire 2019, My wife, daughter and her boyfriend in Bonaire 2022

1674931371373.png

1674931577804.png

Welcome to the forums and more importantly, welcome back to diving! Have fun!

Here's my son with his instructor on one of his Cozumel OW dives... he completed the PADI "Elearning" course before we left and was certified in 2 days. He complained about some sinus pressure initially but I told him to loosen his mask and that is all it took. He's hooked. Now my 9 year old wants to get certified... we told him sorry, next year, you have to be 10 years old :D
IMG_2993.JPG

Awesome, where in Texas? East of dfw here!

Awesome, where in Texas? East of dfw here!

Houston.... home of the World Series Champion Houston Astros. Less than a two hour direct flight to Cozumel on United or the company plane (Southwest).

I'm a New Englander in the summer though, just too stinking hot here

Just east of dfw here, where the Texas Rangers been breaking hearts for over 40 yrs!

Hi there! I'm new to scubaboard as well! I just moved back to Nacogdoches from Bozeman, MT, so I'm glad to be a little closer to the water.

I'm currently working at a (the) dive shop in Nacogdoches, and I'm looking for dive buddies.

If you are passing through Nacogdoches, stop by the shop (Diver's Depot) and we can have a cup of coffee and plan a dive!

PS: We just certified two new OW divers last weekend at Crystal Springs in San Marcos and it was excellent! 72 degrees and 50 ft of viz.

Headed to Cozumel March 3-8th, and we have 1 extra bed!

PS: We just certified two new OW divers last weekend at Crystal Springs in San Marcos and it was excellent! 72 degrees and 50 ft of viz.
Is Crystal Springs a new/different name for Spring Lake/Aquareena Springs, or is that someplace else? We all know how Texans have to have 7 names for every road, is this extending to lakes too?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom