Howdy from Alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padmaster

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone, heard about this place and thought it'd be a cool place to umm.... dive into :crafty:

Whoooaaa nelly, I don't think I've ever seen that many smilies on a board before :dropmouth

So, I recently got into metal detecting and relic hunting and I've always dreamed of diving for sunken treasure. Anybody here ever done that?

welcome aboard!

actually, there are LOADS of sunken treasure in my garage. you are welcome to
come clear all the... er... search for treasure there any time! :wink:

Hello and welcome to SB. Hmmmm...well, one person's trash really often IS another person's treasure. Take my ex....please.

Howdy there! :sunny

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

You like Smilies, too, eh? I've been told I use too many...

don
:D

You like Smilies, too, eh?

Check out that Minelab Excaliber underwater detector if you're serious about underwater detecting. And did you all turn the heater on up there at Bluewater yet????

padmaster:
So, I recently got into metal detecting and relic hunting and I've always dreamed of diving for sunken treasure. Anybody here ever done that?
You are aware that the state is trying to steal anything you find and make you a criminal for finding it, right?
We need to have a little nose-to-nose with the bubbas on goat hill.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
You are aware that the state is trying to steal anything you find and make you a criminal for finding it, right?
We need to have a little nose-to-nose with the bubbas on goat hill.
Rick

Yep, they don't take too kindly to hunting around federally owned parks and lands. I've heard some pretty nasty stories about home raids, equipment confiscated, relics/artifacts confiscated and even vehicles confiscated. I know the laws around here are pretty strict about picking up arrow heads and Indian artifacts. Last I heard, you can walk around and pick them up if they're on the surface, but you can't have any digging tools. I did apply for, and received, my TVA permit just this past week. There are some basic rules to follow but it's pretty much wide open.

I'm not so much into civil war relics or Indian artifacts as I am coinshooting. I've been collecting coins since I was 11. I've found an old abandoned drive-in site locally that I'm trying to find the owners and get permission to hunt.

Well, I'm off to King Gold Mine today. Gonna do a little prospecting and they're having a "seeded" coin hunt with lots of old coins and tokens and prizes.

There's gold in them thar hills....... :eyemouth:

I read something about that...the State Archeologist waiting on the dock to confiscate a diver's finds. A diver who was, incidently, filming a special for TV or something and was going to donate the stuff to the State anyway. A diver that had helped the state with criminal cases and such, a good citizen. Sheesh....you'd think they'd have better things to do.

Back
Top Bottom