Itza Lodge. Long Caye, Belize Feb 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dude, in my book, a Sighting is a Sighting is a Sighting!!!

On an unrelated note, last week I went on a 2 tank dive by the North Channel, just outside the Belizian reef off the northern coast of Caye Caulker. The main reason I went was because the Dive Master said the snorkeling groups indicated the Manatees were running, and he said we would spend our top time snorkeling with the Manatees, if we could find them. I've seen Manatees from a boat in FL, but never had the opportunity to swim/snorkel with them. As luck would have it, after our last tank, we found this lovely Sea Cow lumbering along the reef, feasting on sargasso and bothering no one!

DAMN, I love living here!!! Warning, this is a VERY amateur filming job, but you'll get the idea :wink:

Nice! In one of very few "Parenting Done Right" moments, the one time I went to visit my snowbird ex-inlaws decades ago, I gave my 6, 8 and 10 year old kids a choice... two days at Disney or two days snorkelling with manatees at Crystal Springs. With very little encouragement from we Parentals, the kids opted for manatee time. We had packed their wetsuits, but they were 3mm shorties. I think the water was mid to upper 50s and if you added up the weight of all three of my kids, they probably weighed less than my legs.

Anyway, apart from some minor hypothermia, we had a blast. And 20+ years later, my kids still talk about those two days as the best days of their lives. Two of them dive now, one of those having moved to Australia forever... The third one found a girl.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom