How you don't feel cold before/after diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by joewr
Yes, on Crater Lake! One summer we camped along side the lake and got snowed on! The boys loved it...we adults were not as thrilled!

And we were not abandoned in Bandon! Remember the excellent sharp cheddar you could buy there? And, who could ever forget the smell of the Sea Lion Caves? Concentrated sea lion s__t is one powerful deodorant! I must recommend it to Bin Laden, if I ever meet him. And there was the guy who snuck around the parking lot at the Caves and wired bumper stickers to cars to get free advertising!

That drive on 101 along the Oregon coast is one of the most beautiful I have ever done! Oregon City, Coos Bay, Gold Beach, all the state parks...man, what a wonderful part of the country!

Joewr...okay, folks, we'll stop boring you...

Joewr will you marry me and take me home hehehehehe

I gave it some consideration, but Barbara reminded me of the polygamy laws...and she packs a mean wallop!

But. geez, you gotta admit, we made each other's morning! And it all started with your Mom's Oregon Fog Coat...amazing!

Joewr...sniff, sniff....

Well, I don't know how cold it gets there, but here in CA in the spring/fall such as they are, I use a "dive parka." It has a fleece liner and comes down past my knees. Helps keep the wind from causing the wetsuit chill. Anyway, I did a Scubasource search to show you what I mean, and came up with this. I hope it works...if not, search for "parka."

http://www.scubadirectory.com/index.cgi?location=view_list&list=12465

Originally posted by joewr
I gave it some consideration, but Barbara reminded me of the polygamy laws...and she packs a mean wallop!

But. geez, you gotta admit, we made each other's morning! And it all started with your Mom's Oregon Fog Coat...amazing!

Joewr...sniff, sniff....

Well at least you let me down gently hehehehe

What is an RIB?

When the air is cold, I take a cooler full of almost boiling water which I mix with cold sea water (lake water works well too) to drop the temperature to a safe level. You can bring warm water instead of hot, but it won't go as far and everyone will want some. Pour the warm (not hot) water in your suit between dives. This is not recommended for those with dry suits. A parka over the wet suit is also very helpful. When I've finished diving I strip off my wet suit, dry off and put on warm dry clothes. Get out of the wet suit ASAP.

WWW™

Rigid Inflatable Boat
------------
If you're able to do so between dives, it is best to get out of your wetsuit and get dry and warm.
The situation with a RIB is that there just isn't room to get out of the wetsuit, and even if you could you probably couldn't get dry.
Rick

Rick, thanks for the info. There are too many acronyms to keep track of. There also isn't room to take very much warm water either. Move to plan B, several thermos with warm water to pour directly into the suit.

WWW™

Syruss # 1 don't suggest that you indicate in any way you are me or related, did you want to get out of the country ??

And BTW I was going to suggest that you and Joewr get a room :1st: I t was starting to get a little sappy.

Butch :peace:

Originally posted by Butch103
Syruss # 1 don't suggest that you indicate in any way you are me or related, did you want to get out of the country ??

And BTW I was going to suggest that you and Joewr get a room :1st: I t was starting to get a little sappy.

Butch :peace:

Oh Butch now don't go getting your knickers(sp?) in a twist. I would have asked you but you know that marrying in the family is frowned on unless you are in Tennessee or Missouri where it is expected.

Joewr,

Did you ever eat at a place called Tubbys it is in brookings I believe or it might be in Bandon. Not the cleanest place to eat but darn good cookin!

Now I am damn sure we have sat next to each other! Tubby's is at the north end of Brookings, not far from the old plywood mill. And, of course, I have eaten there! Big, juicy, cholesterol-laden hamburgers! Great chocolate shakes...and when the cook was in good mood, super coconut cream pie!

Syruss, don't get me started again: I am not sure I can handle all the memories in one day. But, when was the last time you were in Brookings? As I wrote earlier, I was last there 6 years ago. The town was changing, too. It was no longer a commercial fishing/logging town; it was more oriented toward tourism...

If you come up with one more good memory, I will not read any more of your posts today...and Butch will probably disown you!

Joewr...wonderful, Syruss, wonderful!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom