How you don't feel cold before/after diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by martinjc
Rick - are you sure you're not from Texas??
I'm sure...
But I have lived there from time to time, and once almost married a girl from Corpus. And I did go to UT in '66-'68.
Rick

Syruss,

Is that Oregon the state of Oregon? If so, where? I assumed you were a real Texan...un verdadero Tejano...not so?

And how many more days before you hop on the jet plane?

Joewr...nothing special here this AM

need warmth occasionally! We have hooded jackets and pants made by Chammyz. These may not suit the ice divers that live on this Board, but they are great for night dives in winter time Hawaii, etc.

Joewr...cool, but not cold!

bradymsu - Mom in scuba business

She makes all kinds of stuff. The shirt I am wearing in my profile pic is one thing she made. But on her first attempt it was a little large, probably a 15X or so (I coulda fit 3 of me in it, it was her first attempt at a 4X)

She also makes dog coats, and special ones for greyhounds called snoods. I have a picture of one somewhere I will have to post.

If only I could talk her into making them for other than friends and family, I think there is business in it!

joewr

Yes I spent 7 years in Oregon. I lived in Medford for 6 years and Eagle Point for a year, then went to colorado for a 100% pay raise, then on to Texas where I have been for 7 months. And y'all think I am a yocal. Shows my blending skills.

Sorry Texas Folks, but if somewhere in Oregon would pay me what I make here I would be gone in a heartbeat. Oregon is my second favorite place in the world, and ranks second only to St. Thomas.

Speaking of St. Thomas Joewr we leave saturday at 7:30ish. Meaning we have to be at the airport at 4:30 in the AMish. I am gunna be a basket case. I think I will introduce myself as Butch and they won't think anything of it.

Syruss,

Are you familiar with Brookings, OR? It is just a hop, skip and a few forests away from Medford. My parents-in-law lived in Brookings, along the Chetco River, and we used to spend summer vacations on their property. Sometimes we popped over to Medford and it frightens me to think that we might have had lunch with you at the local A&W! Wow! But I have not been back to Brookings since my father-in-law passed away 6 years ago. My, my, it is a wonderful Oregon coastal community!

Joewr...wondering if Nostalgia can be storred on his hard drive?

Originally posted by joewr
Syruss,

Are you familiar with Brookings, OR? It is just a hop, skip and a few forests away from Medford. My parents-in-law lived in Brookings, along the Chetco River, and we used to spend summer vacations on their property. Sometimes we popped over to Medford and it frightens me to think that we might have had lunch with you at the local A&W! Wow! But I have not been back to Brookings since my father-in-law passed away 6 years ago. My, my, it is a wonderful Oregon coastal community!

Joewr...wondering if Nostalgia can be storred on his hard drive?

Like duh..... Just 45 minutes from home at the rate I drove. I have fished outta there on every charter in the city. I have crabbed every inch of dock dozens of time. I have been thrown off the ice dock more times than I care to admit because it is "off limits" per the local police.

I love the pelican resturant on the corner across from the marina where pancakes come in 5 sizes ranging from HUGE to BLOODY MASSIVE. (Seriously folks if you are ever in brookings eat here and order the largest pancake you'll never get through the whole thing with out a potty stop in the middle to clear up some space) and they have a 13 inch stuffed crab over the entrance. The envy of every crab fisherman I have ever met!

Kind of a small world we live in huh Joewr?

Also used to like the A&W on the west side of 101 in brookings, their rootbeer was always the best!

Syruss,

When you drove up 101 and passed the town of Harbor, you came to a bridge that crossed the Chetco. Right? Well, if you looked down from the Bridge, you saw my parents-in-law's property! If you had the temerity to drive down the road that led to the property, you would have seen a big sign that my father-in-law made:

NO

Boat Launching Picnicing
Fishing Berry Picking
Sightseeing Swimming
Rock Throwing Hiking
Sun Bathing Racing
Etc.

He was not exactly warm toward his fellow humans. But he was one hell of a craftsman, boat builder, fisherman, bridge player and tennis ace! I miss him...and Brookings.

And I certainly do remember the A&W...it is only a few hundred yards from the "property". And the pancake restaurant, too (However, my mother-in-law made world class pancakes from scratch and there was no contest! My kids used to look forward to our visits there so they could have Granma's pancakes, cookies and blackberry pie made from the berries they picked.).

Joewr...nostalgia...you know, you could sell the stuff!

Yep I think I have seen the property you speak of. Hello of a small world. Shame I didn't know you them maybe I could have picked on you in person instead of in type only hehehehe.

Ah how I miss the Oregon coast. Bandon, Sea Lion Caves, Newport.....

<clicks ruby slippers>I wanna go home to Oregon, I wanna go home to oregon!

Did you ever go up to Crater Lake in Oregon. Bar NONE the best diving spot in the whole world if you could dive there I'll bet. Depths up to 1953 feet. Vis is at 300-400 feet on a good day. Constant water temp due to thermal vents since it is an old colapsed volcano. Now if only it were 110% protected from human enjoyment other than looking. Fish and Game would confiscate your gear and fin you probably 5 or more digits before the .00 for illegally diving in there.

But it would be cool to know you have dove where probably less than 50 people have ever dove in modern times, and most of those were military divers trying to find the bodies of the people who were in the military helecopter that crashed there in 96 or so.

Never did get the wreckage out as it was too deep!

Dang I am gettin all weepy!

Yes, on Crater Lake! One summer we camped along side the lake and got snowed on! The boys loved it...we adults were not as thrilled!

And we were not abandoned in Bandon! Remember the excellent sharp cheddar you could buy there? And, who could ever forget the smell of the Sea Lion Caves? Concentrated sea lion s__t is one powerful deodorant! I must recommend it to Bin Laden, if I ever meet him. And there was the guy who snuck around the parking lot at the Caves and wired bumper stickers to cars to get free advertising!

That drive on 101 along the Oregon coast is one of the most beautiful I have ever done! Oregon City, Coos Bay, Gold Beach, all the state parks...man, what a wonderful part of the country!

Joewr...okay, folks, we'll stop boring you...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom