How often do you dive "dry" year round?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My warmest dive this year was 54 F off of Vancouver Island, all the rest were in the low to mid 40's ( and a couple in the high 30's).

lol. Yeah, it sucks when the air temp and the water temp are in the upper 50s!

It sucks to be a safety diver in february too :wink::D

Contaminated water. We always have a safety diver that's supposed to be in the water in less than one minute, which means standing around in your drysuit. It sucks to be safety diver in August.

Ah ha! (I was imagining someone melting away on a surface interval between "pretty fishy" dives on a recreational charter!)

I too dive dry year round, unless im doing a rescue course...(to hard to get in and out of gear that many times in one day) I dont even own a wetsuit. It rarely is warm enough in michigan waters to dive wet and do 2-3 dives. When people refer to warm water it is only in the low to mid 70's, and that is only for about 1-2 months..

"Until you've actually been in my shoes... judging my decisions only proves you are prone to leaping to judgment with insufficient information."

You are absolutely correct on this. To me waxing a zipper is a simple task, however I can see how waxing a zipper can be rather complicated for someone like Matt the Wonder Boy. I apologize for jumping to judgement to quickly.

"Until you've actually been in my shoes... judging my decisions only proves you are prone to leaping to judgment with insufficient information."

You are absolutely correct on this. To me waxing a zipper is a simple task, however I can see how waxing a zipper can be rather complicated for someone like Matt the Wonder Boy. I apologize for jumping to judgement to quickly.

And yet again, you prove you have no idea of what MY actual issues are. Waxing a zipper is so miniscule an issue it's barely worth mentioning... unless you're trying to come up with a list of reasons, all to convince a moron who is incapable of understanding that different people have different needs.

Never argue with a pig. Gotta remember that one. :lotsalove:

Oops..see now there is a personal attack. Tisk tisk.. I think that is in violation of the TOS.

I don't see a reason why you need to call me a moron or a pig, I mean I have my point of view..attacking me on a personal level reflects poorly on yourself..dont you think?

My main concern is there is someone out here looking into getting into drysuit diving and some of your comments are a little dramatizing and over the edge. I mean come on dude...you called waxing a zipper complicated.

Edit: Post withdrawn, except for this:

I challenge you to show me where I said waxing a zipper was complicated. I merely listed it as an extra step of care, among several others, that is not needed with a wetsuit.

Done with this thread. Pointless argument.

Back
Top Bottom