How often do you dive "dry" year round?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Invariably someone on the boat will bring it all back around to the "hassle" of donning/doffing a dry suit vs a wetsuit.

I hear that one a lot and its absolutely rubbish. Getting into a drysuit is a hell of a lot faster than squeezing your way an inch at a time into a double layer 7mm semi-dry! Getting out is even easier.
I can get into my drysuit faster than my 3mm wetsuit and booties.

Maintenance for my drysuit is pretty identical to wetsuit - hose it with fresh water.
Other than that i max wax the zip one a month or so (wetsuit also needs that). Oh and 10 seconds putting some talc on the sleeves if leaving it for any length of time.

Wet diving need to transport a heavy multi piece wetsuit to the site, and a towel and come in or bring dry clothes. Drysuit i can turn up in my undersuit if needed, no need for towel and drysuit fits into a small bag.

For me anyway a dry suit is better than a wetsuit in absolutely every respect.

So...back to the original question. For me it's wet in the summer and dry in the winter.

Compudude.....its nice to see that someone removed your reference to a zipper in your original post. You have mod friends..congrats!! Its funny how you just now challenge me to find your reference to it....however...

My post 47 and your post 50 both make reference to waxing the zipper...you werent challenging it there... If you are going to have people clean up your posts they need to clean up everything. Nice try. :shakehead:

No one changed anything in my posts. Not with my knowledge, anyway.

Nice try yourself, though... :lotsalove:

Holy pissing match, Batman.

You do realize jepuskar that even mod edits show up with "edit" at the bottom of the post, right? Nice conspiracy theory though.

I was curious how often drysuit owners dive dry both winter and summer months? Do you just leave the wet suit on the rack or hardly ever use it anymore once you've got the warm feeling that only a drysuit can give a diver.

Or do you only use a light wetsuit(2-3MM) during the heat of the summer in tropical waters?

THANKS!

I dive which suit (wet/dry) best fits the dive site/enviroment and dive plan. In the summer I use mostly dive wet suits and in the winter either a full 7mil or dry suit. I have a suit for every occasion!!

Hmmm....something is not right....he did complain about waxing a zipper on a drysuit. I didnt pull that out of my ****. But whatever....I'll move on as my opinions and my intellect (or lackthereof)have been attacked. I guess the point is...personal attacks are ok on members of the board who are not welcomed. The TOS should be updated.

Are you kidding me? You cant say ****! Why cant you use **** anymore? Who changed that? Good lord...this is a rated G forum now...even PG-13 movies have *** or **** in them.

Hmmm....something is not right....he did complain about waxing a zipper on a drysuit. I didnt pull that out of my ****. But whatever....I'll move on as my opinions and my intellect (or lackthereof)have been attacked. I guess the point is...personal attacks are ok on members of the board who are not welcomed. The TOS should be updated.

Are you kidding me? You cant say ****! Why cant you use **** anymore? Who changed that? Good lord...this is a rated G forum now...even PG-13 movies have *** or **** in them.

I just saw this thread today......waxing the zipper is just part of the dry suit game....why would anyone think that is a pain....its a simple few minute process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom