How often do you dive "dry" year round?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A slight derailment - where do you find a 7mm wetsuit preferable to a drysuit? Just curious.

When the water temps aren't quite cool enough to justify a drysuit, plus the air temps are high enough to turn a drysuit into a wetsuit in minutes from pure sweat... I find I'd rather wear a 7mm suit. For me, this generally means water temps over 60 plus air temps over 90... although there are time I'll still go dry.

I actually find my drysuit with light undies to be much less of an overheating threat than a 7mm. The only time I'll put on a 7mm wet is if I don't have a dry available (and since I have 2 that's pretty unlikely) or if I'm doing work that I'm concerned might damage the suit.

I've seen some people in thick wetsuits have to call dives before starting as they got so overheated just kitting up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom