How often do you dive "dry" year round?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar - no need for a contest. It's all a matter of effort vs. reward. It's a small difference, but it's there. And in some particular sets of circumstances, the gains for a drysuit ... to me, in those particular situations ... aren't worth even that little extra effort.

Until you've actually been in my shoes... judging my decisions only proves you are prone to leaping to judgment with insufficient information.

I dive dry when the water and air temp is below 60 degrees.

Same as most of the others.

Dry all year in temps from 0-20 odd degrees. 5mm crushed neoprene, changing undergarments with the seasons (the smell ... god, the smell).

Actually the greatest comfort is not underwater but topside between dives. That's where you really conserve some core heat - and get to pee more easily (had a special zipper installed - gooood).

I'm thinking of getting a trilam or vulcanised though as the neoprene when wet is susceptible to wind chill even if I'm dry underneath.

Tropically I just wear a battered old 3mm wetsuit.

Actually the greatest comfort is not underwater but topside between dives. That's where you really conserve some core heat -

excellent point and my reason for which I decided to "go dry". It allows me to extend the season to year round, make 2 dives instead of skipping the second one in chilling conditions and is much more pleasant when getting out in a snow storm :wink:

Contaminated water. We always have a safety diver that's supposed to be in the water in less than one minute, which means standing around in your drysuit. It sucks to be safety diver in August.

Why on Earth would you do that?

:11:

Contaminated water. We always have a safety diver that's supposed to be in the water in less than one minute, which means standing around in your drysuit. It sucks to be safety diver in August.

It sucks to be a safety diver in february too :wink::D

z22mod.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

jepuskar - no need for a contest. It's all a matter of effort vs. reward. It's a small difference, but it's there. And in some particular sets of circumstances, the gains for a drysuit ... to me, in those particular situations ... aren't worth even that little extra effort.

Until you've actually been in my shoes... judging my decisions only proves you are prone to leaping to judgment with insufficient information.

OUTSTANDING response to this, and probably hundreds of other comments on this board. CompuDude, may I quote you in the future instead of using my normal long-winded, occassionally misunderstood, sincere replies.

Back
Top Bottom