• >$10

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • <$3

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • $0

Votes: 44 24.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now is this for a tank rental, or just a refill?

I voted $6 because going rate around these parts is $5-6. However most times I get my tanks filled by the experimental dive unit at work which would be $0. Except my doubles, unfortunately they don't have an adaptor for 300 bar DIN manifolds....... (sigh) and the LDS charges $10 to fill my doubles.......

You know you can get a 300bar/yoke adaper for like 20 bucks

dsaxe01:
My LDS has this cool deal:
they say,"Your non-diving friends dont have to pay for air, so why do you". If you own a tank, they will fill it once a day for free.
Actually, if you own two tanks (or a set of doubles) they'll fill both.

Mostly I get my air for free. At some shops I get Nitrox for about half-price ... which is $4. At other shops I pay the same as everyone else.

Normal rates around the Seattle area are $4 to $6 for air and $8 to $12 for Nitrox.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

At my LDS the price varies depending on how much air you buy. The range is from $2.75 a tank for a 20 tank card @ 3000 psi to $5.00 a tank for a single 3500 psi fill.

3000 psi fills:
$4.00 for 1 tank ($4.00 ea)
$7.00 for 2 tanks ($3.50 ea)
$30.00 for 10 tank card ($3.00 ea)
$55.00 for 20 tanks card ($2.75 ea)

3500 psi fills:
$5.00 for 1 tank ($5.00 ea)
$8.00 for 2 tanks ($4.00 ea)
$35.00 for 10 tank card ($3.50 ea)
$60.00 for 20 tanks card ($3.00 ea)

At the shop I deal with in Ontario he will shoot me a deal of my vis insp. and year of unlimited fills for around 130 for two tanks.
I think its a good deal.

:scubadive

I guess its all relative. Here in the bottom of the Philippines air fills are about 1.25 USD. But minimum wage is a little below 4 USD a DAY.

The sad part about this is the compressor and maintenance is the same cost all over the world. If you think air fills are a loss leader where you are, all the more here.

In Poland - of course it different in different LDSs - standard price for filling 15 liter tank - 200 bars - is 5 $.
So this is how I voted.
Mania

$0. The air is included in the $4 rental charge for the AL80 tank. (Just kidding -- I checked the $4 box, since the shop charges the same whether its a fill or a rental with fill.)

$3.50 for a tank rental + fill if I were willing to drive another mile to another shop.

Back
Top Bottom