• >$10

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • <$3

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • $0

Votes: 44 24.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Local shop:
$7.00 for a single fill (Mod Grade E) or $45.00 for a ten-fill card. Prices vary somewhat, there are shops charging as much as $10.00 for a single fill of Mod Gd E in my area.

Home brewed:
$10,000.00 for a tmx fill station plus another $2,000.00 in maintenance over ten years and another $3,000.00 in consumables over ten years, less residual value of $5,000.00 after ten years, divide by 1000 fills over ten years, $10.00 per fill. Lots of assumptions here, YRMV.

paolov:
here in the philippines (Anilao area) it cost around $7.00 for 4 dives for the cost of air and we get some complaints for them being high. that's roughtly $1.75 per air fill.
I love diving in the Philippines!
Diving there for two weeks pays my plane fare.

Tom

I pay nothing, great to be a gass blender for a shop.....NITROX is free too.

My LDS has this cool deal:
they say,"Your non-diving friends dont have to pay for air, so why do you". If you own a tank, they will fill it once a day for free.

It can vary a lot within an area, as well. The LDS that I use the most is only $4 a fill, while the one that is close to work (we need fills for that) is $10. This is probably since there is not another one very close to his location. :11:

We pay varying amounts here depending on tank size.

Typically a 15l tank will cost between £2 and £4 ( $3.66 to $7.33) at 232 bar.

300 bar fills are more as is nitrox, typically at a few pence extra per extra % of oxygen.

In the Los Angeles area at Sport Chalet it is $5.00 per fill unless you buy the air card of 10 fills for $45.00 or $4.50 per fill. When I started in 2001 it was $2.50 for air card fills! that equates to a billof $45.00 to $60.00 a month for air fills. Or $630.00 or more (with a little luck and an understanding wife)!

One local dive shop (unfortunaly an hour from me) gives free air! But our local custom is same price regardless of tank size, doubles count as two fills. I know in some places they charge by the volume purchased. I really get ripped off because my AL80 usally has between 1300-1800 PSI left after a dive (dive ends based on dive buddys who typically are down to 400-700 PSI). So acutally I am only getting 1/2 a fill. On the several occasions where I have come back from a dive with 1800 PSI or more they have topped it up for free.

But then I see by the poll I am lucky. I will shut up now and count my blessings.

I get the air fill for free at some places here in Sweden. But most of the centers charge in the region of $7-8 for a fill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom