How many per year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sucks to be a vacation diver. We generally get 2 trips in and so only hit about 40 dives per year. That is why I strive to make each dive at least 60 minutes.

I want to enjoy my dives, so I will not do a crappy dive just to get my numbers up. I am currently in Jamaica on a work thingy and did not bring my gear. I was snorkeling in the mo bay marine park today and still am happy to not have my gear with me. Very disappointing.

358 in 7.5 years= 47.73/year. But the last few years it's been more like 60-70 due to the fact that I have gotten into routines at certain sites I know, that I try to dive on average once weekly now, and you through in some checkout dives when DMing.

I try to average 52 dives per year, last year was 80 dives and so far this year I have done 18, so on track for 52 :)

When I lived in Jeddah 150 per year was normal

I try to average 52 dives per year, last year was 80 dives and so far this year I have done 18, so on track for 52 :)

When I lived in Jeddah 150 per year was normal

So jealous of you getting to dive in Jeddah, Searcaigh. We lived in Saudi Arabia when I was a kid and seeing the guys out diving in the Red Sea in the early 80's was actually what sparked my interest in diving. I'd love to get back and dive there.

Kristopher

The responses above are from VERY ACTIVE divers. I consider my self a very active diver, but diving here ius seasonal and I get about two dive "trips" in per year. 50 open water dives per year is about average for me. I also get about 100 hours of pool dive time but I don't count that. I am very jealous of you all who get 100 plus dives in every year. I have accomplished that total exactly once.
DivemasterDennis

living in south florida with the option to dive all year i managed to do 102 dives last year..but it seems to be a slow start this year with only 25 so far....but summer is coming soon...

Usually I log between 200-300 dives per year.

I HATE ALL OF YOU!!!!!! A good year for me is 20-25 (seasonal, and I don't travel)....

Last year was my best with 100 dives. The trend has also been good with about 70 dives per year over the last 10 years and 85 dives per year over the last 5 years. I fully expect to get in more than 100 dives this year. Having a place in SE FL is certainly helping me along :)

I managed 23 dives last year. Would have gotten more, but Sandy came for visit... Bought additional tanks, and planning an earlier start with more dives per outing. Hoping for 40-50, dive gods permitting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom