How many per year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must be doing something wrong. I'm on pace for less than 20-25 or so this year. Most of that will be on vacation. I have managed to get 50 dives total over the past 2 1/2 years.

On the other hand, my weekends are booked up with sports for my 8 yo son. We have either baseball or basketball and I have either assistant or head coaching duties. Doesn't allow for many dives, even shore dives, on the weekends. There will always be diving time when he is grown up assuming I'm still healthy enough to dive.

I must be doing something wrong. I'm on pace for less than 20-25 or so this year. Most of that will be on vacation. I have managed to get 50 dives total over the past 2 1/2 years.

On the other hand, my weekends are booked up with sports for my 8 yo son. We have either baseball or basketball and I have either assistant or head coaching duties. Doesn't allow for many dives, even shore dives, on the weekends. There will always be diving time when he is grown up assuming I'm still healthy enough to dive.
DumpsterDiver's kid was divemastering by the time he was eight—get your priorities in order! :wink:

Sadly, I was doing a lot more diving when I lived in NYC. I did less than 50 last year, and have about 25 this year, all in short trips to Bali.

I'm on track to hit 50 in my first year after my OW cert.

I did 48 in 4 months last year, given that I will be diving at least that much puts me at about 150 dives this year. Heres hoping. But I'll be doing 5+ a week this summer between shore and charters.

Usually between 200-300. Most of them are fun dives. I thought I was going to run short with about 150 this year, but I did 40+ dives in March. So who knows.

Actually, just checked the Shearwater Desktop...
I'm at 68 dives so far this year and it's not linear. November/December are my really big months.

Local seasonal diving and a couple of trips gives me 150-200. When I'm "working" as a DM that number can top 200. My aim for this year is 150 as I'll only get one vacation.

Being a working stiff, I plan on 1-2 dives a week. I'll be moving much closer to the beach in August, so that number might go up. So if all goes according to plan, between 50-100 dives this year. I just did a two day live-aboard and will likely do another in three-dayer in October.

You guy are lucky. I got certified July of last year and was only able to do 22 the rest of the year. I don't think i'm on track to exceed it this year though as so far I have only done 3!

Get yourself over to the east coast with Divers Down twice a month and you you could have 72 dives in a year as they run three dive trips daily

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom