How girls can avoid being hit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If she is hot, 99% of the guys are being nice for a hidden reason. Read a book on about Ultra Femenist would be better, wear a onepiece, act bitchy. And that may and I stress may put some guys off. I wish her luck if she dives without a male friend dive buddy that can act as a watch dog. The wedding ring/engagement ring only stop a small percentage. I have had to almost through guys overboard once not leaving my wife alone. JMTC

Staying away from men is the only sure bet.

This is an excellent idea. Also tell your friend that I will fill in for her on all of her dive trips. :)

Barring that, I agree w/ Teamcasa and Jupitermaid. I really think she is taking a friendly group of people and blowing it out of proportion.

is she really being hit on or are males being nice to her and she assumes they want to get into her reg-grundys???

i have a wonderful friend - a sweet girl who is pretty, outgoing and popular but for some reason, any guy (or i should say every guy) that is nice to her, she assumes they are interested in her. even if one of the guys says im getting a coffee do you want one - she assumes he is buttering her up to be asked out

if they are being inappropriate or saying inappropriate things that makes it dead obvious she is being hit on then i would take it up with the dive op

but maybe the guys are just being nice, firiendly and welcoming

cheers
I can't speak for anyone else, but I think you're right. I was out on a dive boat (rare for me) not too long ago, I tried to be a nice, friendly and helpful as possible (since I was getting a free ride) and it later turns out the that one of the women (my age) was a mite put out that I was not trying to hit on her. So it goes to show that you just can't win.

OMG, I can't believe that song made it all the way across the Atlantic... :D
It is from a South African artist called "Dr Victor and the Rasta Rebels", and it is quite a catchy choon, and always puts a smile on face :D

Codie, you are right on two accounts, it is a catchy choon and did make it all the way across the Atlantic. However, it's journey across the Atlantic was in the opposite direction than you're thinking and it has done far more extensive travelling than just that.

Dr. Victor is just another artist in a long string of wannabes who covered the song originally recorded by Jimmy Soul waaaay back in 1962.

Dr. Victor is just another artist in a long string of wannabes who covered the song originally recorded by Jimmy Soul waaaay back in 1962.

Lol, next you'll be telling us that all those Puff Daddy covers actually came out first :eyebrow:

Two words... Fake moustache.
Won't get hit on, and dont need a custom mouth piece for your reg.

Yeah, but her mask would leak all the time! :D

My girlfriend complains that she always gets hit on when she is going diving on a dive boat. She is not interested picking up guys, she just wants to go diving and minds her own business. Any suggestion?

It's it only on dive boats? Attractive women get hit on pretty much anywhere, specially if they are wearing form fitting wetsuits.
I suggest diving with friends on six packs.

Tell her to burp, fart, and pee in her wetsuit and not rinse it out.

If she can't bring herself to do that, tell her to get over it and enjoy the attention while she still can. :)

A. Boys outnumber us girls on diveboats. Period.
B. Boys are so happy to have a girl, Any girl on a boat, that they go overboard to be helpful and friendly. This is often misinterpreted.
C. Smile, relax, be confident. They are not gonna do anything that you don't encourage or allow. You feel creeped out, move and put in your earbuds. Ipod- girl's easiest brushoff.
D. LOVED the sex change commment!!! :rofl3:

I gave up reading this around post 30 but where is her buddy during all of this?

She can be absorbed in buddy conversation or the buddy can be an active deflector.

If she's diving solo or planning to tag-along with a DM then building platonic relationships with other divers is a healthy thing to do. She doesn't want to go unnoticed like the couple in "open Water" does she?

Diving is a social sport. For a female to be expected to be ignored as a wall flower while in whatever state of active wear she happens to be in at the moment is unrealistic. I would not be surprised if this is pronounced compared to her daily activities.

Pete

Lot of sensible comments; I'll throw in a couple of bad ones to balance it out.

A lot of less experienced divers on dive boats like to chat just as a way to let out a bit of nervous energy, and naturally they gravitate towards women (who look less threatening) than some macho guy who is already into his second diving war story by the time the boat casts off.

I also notice on dive boats full of strangers, women seem to gravitate together to chat a lot; never sure if this is a defensive mechanism, or whether they are both avoiding the macho guy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom