How girls can avoid being hit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG, I can't believe that song made it all the way across the Atlantic... :D
It is from a South African artist called "Dr Victor and the Rasta Rebels", and it is quite a catchy choon, and always puts a smile on face :D

That it is! I always enjoy hearing it on the oldies station. :D

How girls can avoid being hit on? Any suggestion?

Staying away from men is the only sure bet.

Other than that, flatulating loudly and not shaving legs/armpits is effective (at least for me anyway.)

OMG, I can't believe that song made it all the way across the Atlantic... :D
It is from a South African artist called "Dr Victor and the Rasta Rebels", and it is quite a catchy choon, and always puts a smile on face :D

Jimmy Soul sang the song as well: (Oldies Top 100 Song Lyrics)

If your gf is getting hit on, is she diving alone? Men I see on boats do not typically divide the pack and hit on someone if they are part of a group. I do not see a lot of hitting on on the boats I frequent in SoCal, but I think the post about whether the person is truly being hit on, or just feeling like it is very relevant.

Scuba is definitely prone to flirtation, but no more so than Beach Volleyball, softball, or a myriad of other activities. If she is feeling uncomfortable about it, I would think going with a dive buddy would help, and just making it known that she is not interested up front will help. The boat diving community tends to be pretty tight knit in most areas. If she keeps telling people she is not interested, it WILL stick around... boat crews will remember her and if people quiz the staff, that will be communicated, etc....

Hope that helps. Good luck to her...

is she really being hit on or are males being nice to her and she assumes they want to get into her reg-grundys???

i have a wonderful friend - a sweet girl who is pretty, outgoing and popular but for some reason, any guy (or i should say every guy) that is nice to her, she assumes they are interested in her. even if one of the guys says im getting a coffee do you want one - she assumes he is buttering her up to be asked out

if they are being inappropriate or saying inappropriate things that makes it dead obvious she is being hit on then i would take it up with the dive op

but maybe the guys are just being nice, firiendly and welcoming

cheers

I was thinking the same thing...Do we have the same friend???

I swear, no matter where we go, she gets all spun out because "guys won't leave her alone". I've never noticed anyone acting overtly interested, but just friendly. Sometimes I wonder if it's just her wanting the attention.

enjoy it, because eventually she will not get the attention (age and gravity)

Tell her to start gratefully accepting the comments, etc... and have her answer with "You know, since my sex change operation, Im just shocked at how many men are into me!!"

Should put a stop to that in a hurry.

I was thinking the same thing...Do we have the same friend???

I swear, no matter where we go, she gets all spun out because "guys won't leave her alone". I've never noticed anyone acting overtly interested, but just friendly. Sometimes I wonder if it's just her wanting the attention.

I think you hit the nail on the head there.... most of the time I've heard this before that was what it was.

Tell her to start gratefully accepting the comments, etc... and have her answer with "You know, since my sex change operation, Im just shocked at how many men are into me!!"

Should put a stop to that in a hurry.

:rofl3:

Ask her, would you rather be the girl that NO ONE hits on?

actually i dont believe that

Good for you. I appreciate pretty woman. I also appreciate good company. I'd rather be with a less attractive enjoyable individual that a Hot bitch.

Sure, I like attractive woman, but if I'm going to be on a boat all day with someone, I'll take interesting and plain over hot and boring.... after all, I AM married! :D

Maybe you need to go witness this behavior first hand, and judge for yourself. I don't see a lot of folks trying to HOOK UP on most dive boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom