How girls can avoid being hit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting thread. Fellas, no matter what you say it either isn't going to sound good or you are lying.

Not to sound like a troll, but that reminds me of my old feminism professor at Uni. "All men are b*st*rds. Men who do not act like b*st*rds are just trying to fool you."

Although I have to say, the older I get the more I think she might have been right.

My girlfriend complains that she always gets hit on when she is going diving on a dive boat. She is not interested picking up guys, she just wants to go diving and minds her own business. Any suggestion?

You can't, it's just part of life.

Hmm, how you come across can have a lot to do with it. If you have make it clear in a firm but friendly manner that you're there to dive most guys will respect that. Those that don't can be told politely to "get lost"! :rofl3:

But yes, maybe she is misinterpreting their intentions...worth a thought.

She needs to just squirm around a bit when one of the bozo's starts and say loudly 'I hate having the crabs!' Or if she's hot like missdirected she just needs to get used to it. I normally do not hit on women on boats. My wife would not like me to since she is usually with me. I have dove with them and they have asked me to dive. But normally if I'm out on a boat I've paid to be there to dive. Not meet women.

OMG, I can't believe that song made it all the way across the Atlantic... :D
It is from a South African artist called "Dr Victor and the Rasta Rebels", and it is quite a catchy choon, and always puts a smile on face :D

It was written in 1963 by Jimmy Soul and performed by him, Harry Belafonte, and the Coasters, in America

lots of snots bugger before and after a dive

My girlfriend complains that she always gets hit on when she is going diving on a dive boat. She is not interested picking up guys, she just wants to go diving and minds her own business. Any suggestion?

Light a cheap cigar

Miss Scuba, tell your friend to trust her instincts. I am not an attractive person by far; just that in 1976, I was one of the first women MP's and in 1980 the first woman lineman for Southern Bell. So in my case it was me or Lassie. From my past experience, I would walk into a group of men and the one that would be in my face would be that conceited guy obstructing my view from the the intelligent person "leaving me alone". (it had nothing to do with what i was wearing, like fatigues with a .38 strapped to my side is sexy? or a big tshirt and baggy jeans when i was throwing up phone cable?) What she is experiencing is frustration at being bombarded. There was a lot of good advice coming from past posts. The best being connecting with someone from the beginning of the dive; preferrably a crew member. As someone has already pointed out, once she starts using the same boat, and people get to know her things will even out. But the most important thing for her now, is to trust her instincts, and to get away from being "nice". She is what is important, not his feelings.

Why not just have fun with it. Lead all the guys on, and at the end of the dive back at the dock, have this big stud meet you in his vette to take you away from the boat.:14:

It works in the movies... :D

... of course.... there is the guy in the vette now... Maybe he'll just want money...

enjoy it, because eventually she will not get the attention (age and gravity)

Oh, so sadly true . . .

If men are just lightly flirtatious or friendly, relax and enjoy it! There's no need to take it any farther. If someone is inappropriate or crude, then turn around and be blunt about saying, "I'm not interested and please don't bother me any more."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom