How girls can avoid being hit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ayisha said what I think is common, at least from my standpoint and the dive boats I've been on

ScubaBabe22 ... Flirting DB ??? I know where you can find one :wink: :D

Tell her to start gratefully accepting the comments, etc... and have her answer with "You know, since my sex change operation, Im just shocked at how many men are into me!!"

Should put a stop to that in a hurry.
Thanks for nothing. I think I'm going to have nightmares.

As for the other suggestions, I think it's ridiculous that she should have to act gross or wear unflattering clothes. Personally, I think the world is a more beautiful place with beautiful women in it. Of course, I drool for women with no makeup in a drysuit and pigtails. :eyebrow:

I think she should be firm and clear if she gets unwanted attention. Some responses that might work:
Excuse me while I go stand over here, without you.
My dive trip would be a lot better if you stopped talking and walked away.
Go pound sand.
You can keep on talking or chew on a brick. Either way, you're gonna lose some teeth.
If you keep on talking, I'll show you the point end on my dive knife.

Of course a more polite phrase might work too, but the point is to be firm, clear, and unambiguous. If that fails, get the other guys on the boat to kick the living crap out of the offensive guy.

:useless:

There is no question that some men really need to be able to accept no as an answer, rather than to keep pressing the issue thinking she's just playing hard to get. Of course women also need to be clearer in their communication sometimes to make sure it is a firm "NO!" and do not suggest you are playing hard to get. I know most of the women I talk with are playing hard to get... very hard to get. I can tell by the imprint of their knuckles on my face. Yes, I realize now that they were just "hitting" on me... ouch!

If both genders just showed a bit more common courtesy towards one another...

I think it's ridiculous that she should have to act gross or wear unflattering clothes.

I think its ridiculous that someone is complaining they get hit on on every dive boat.

I used to get hit on a lot back in the days when I had a "6 pack." "Now that it looks more like a full case, I'm out of luck.

I used to get hit on a lot back in the days when I had a "6 pack." "Now that it looks more like a full case, I'm out of luck.

Darlin, I find it hard to believe your days of being hit on are over. :blinking: lol

you are right! LOL...
I am a girl and referring to my friend who is also a girl.

Thanks the great tips!

BTW: Tried the wedding ring! Only attracts more "sharks" for some strange reason.

Ain't that the truth. Went on a trip recently and the wedding ring did not discourage him (or her for that matter). :popcorn:

Ain't that the truth. Went on a trip recently and the wedding ring did not discourage him (or her for that matter). :popcorn:

I think there must be a 'forbidden fruit' phenomena in the human psyche. I got married at 21 and I swear I never had a girl hit on me prior to that date. Once I started wearing a wedding ring, it seemed to happen all the time (sadly, now that I am in my mid-30s no one hits on me, wedding ring or not :().

My wife always jokes that it was because women value commitment :confused:.

I think there must be a 'forbidden fruit' phenomena in the human psyche. I got married at 21 and I swear I never had a girl hit on me prior to that date. Once I started wearing a wedding ring, it seemed to happen all the time (sadly, now that I am in my mid-30s no one hits on me, wedding ring or not :().

My wife always jokes that it was because women value commitment :confused:.
:rofl3: What is really interesting about this is that, if a spouse cheats on their mate, what makes the person they are cheating with think they won't do the same thing to them if the cheater leaves the spouse.

Back
Top Bottom