How girls can avoid being hit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two words... Fake moustache.

Won't get hit on, and dont need a custom mouth piece for your reg.

Diving is probably not the only place she experiences that behavior, she can do the same she does on those occasions. A lifetime ago when I was young, before developing my WT* are your looking at face I used to simply ignore those guys.

However, if she pays attention maybe one of those guys hitting on her has better gear than you.

I think she meant her single friend that is a girl and not her significant other.

Anyways, it's probably going to happen. In any situation where there is an attractive girl present, they will probably get hit on by single (and sometimes not single) guys. This is even more so in an environment where there are much fewer women then men AND you're in a confined area AND in a swimsuits....

I have no idea. How does she handle it when she is not diving? If she is nice looking and friendly, some men will hit on her. That’s a fact she must be familiar with already. She should just politely tell them she’s not interested in dating and she just wants to dive with them.

ah, do what I do, laugh and ignore it. Tell her if they harass her then she needs to tell the dive op what's going on(that is if it is the crew). Any decent person would back off if you don't play along. If it is just another person on the boat, you really can't control what they do.

As for wearing a ring, I haven't noticed a difference when I am and am not wearing my ring. (can't wear it at work) There are guys that see a ring as a symbol that means if anything happens it won't get serious cause she is already in a serious relationship.

So.....I just say tell her to smile and turn the other way. Cold shoulders work wonders. Plus, she may miss out on a pretty cool friendship.

If she's having a problem with guys hitting on her on a dive boat, then they are doing it everywhere else also... This isn't a diving or dive boat problem.

Maybe she's wearing provacative low cut swim suits on the boat and that draws additional attention. But for example don't wear a low cut shirt with your boobs hanging out and then act like she can't figure out why guys are staring at her boobs.

She needs to learn to deal with it (in some manner) in everyday life. When she figures that out, she can apply the same thing to the dive boat.

What I have seen some girls do is pick one of the older or more refined gentlemen or another woman to befriend that way it is harder for me...ah I mean other divers to hit on them.

In all seriousness, being a happily married man with two daughters I do not want to have treated like that I am more aware of this issue than I was 25 years ago. If I see someone being hit on that obviously is not interested I often times will try to intervine by changing the subject or asking her a question about her gear or something similar so she can get away if she wants to.

I have no idea. How does she handle it when she is not diving? If she is nice looking and friendly, some men will hit on her. That’s a fact she must be familiar with already. She should just politely tell them she’s not interested in dating and she just wants to dive with them.

I think it is a good idea.

Not to hijack, but Tomeck, I just saw your photos from Anartica. Way cold...I mean...cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom