How do you ladies deal with long hair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ladies,

You will love this. I got this thing called a hair glove. I had been looking for something since my hair got caught on my equip. I seen them on line and finally my scuba shop in Sterling va had them. I got one and I wore it under my motocycle helmet. This thing does not let loose from the hair. After all the wind and everything I got home didnt need to brush out my hair or anything. I only had it for a couple days wore it riding and during football practice ( I coach flag) so I run plays and everything with them. I have not tried it in the water yet but I have a boxing class coming up on Friday where my hair usually lets loose. I will be trying it the. It does seem a little heavy with this hair but I did get use to is and in the water I am sure that I wont feel anything. They have long and short. Hair goes in a ponytain then the sleeve goes around the ponytail no time for braiding. Be sure to get the neoprene one for diving.

I have long, thick wavy hair about 2/3 of the way down my back, and my cut is layered. It it's too warm for a hood, i just put in a lot of leave in conditioner before I dive, then just put a heavy duty conditioner in when I shower and run my fingers through to get out the notes.
The only thing I have found that works for me to keep my hair back is a hood. If I put any kind of band in to hold my hair back it will either fall out or pulls. Even if I could get my hair back with a band it wouldn't hold all the layers.

My hair is about mid back length, for warm water diving I've started doing a tight dry french braid with a wet scuba do rag. It seems to stay on better when I soak it first.

I've also been considering getting one of the hoods from divegoddess.com. I have one of Sue's dive skins and absolutely love it.

When I used to have Curly long hair (I could tilt my head back and it would touch my waist) I got a good leave in conditioner/detangler (paul mitchell for me) and used about 12 hair ties all the way down. It also worked great on my bike due to the wind tangles. I also did this for water skiing. People with straight hair dont have such a big problem with this as curly hairs do. Add some conditioner/detangler during shower and have a good Pick. Then wash it.

a head wrap and a pony tail work for me. i will find these hair clips and try it as well. thank you!

This is my first visit to this forum. I was looking for a stretchy band that doesn't pull the hair out.
I was surprised that diving chicks would have so little concern for the environment. Gooping a chemical conditioner on before diving is unbelievable. Even the organic stuff would alter the water if enough people used it. Just put it on after. And Please quit whining.

This is my first visit to this forum. I was looking for a stretchy band that doesn't pull the hair out.
I was surprised that diving chicks would have so little concern for the environment. Gooping a chemical conditioner on before diving is unbelievable. Even the organic stuff would alter the water if enough people used it. Just put it on after. And Please quit whining.

Do you really think hair conditioner is going to make a change to the environment? :confused: Then we would also need to stop wearing sunscreen and peeing in the water.

Carrie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom