How do specialty C-Cards work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got my Advanced card and it has a space where my specialty certs are listed.

To ND, my shop started doing that as well I think (only with sales of DS's because we don't rent any). When I bought mine through them I had to take the class, but part of that was because as an employee I am expected to uphold standards and be a role model for new divers.

The people that learn to dive in our armed forces get 0 cert cards and 0 rights to travel and do recreational dives with their training. I mean think it about it, the naval clearance diver has to take an open water diving course so they can go diving with their sigo some where on vaction.

That sucks, especially since I've been thinking about becoming a Navy diver (salvage or deep sea). The training the military gives you has to be worth SOMETHING. Can't the agency you want to certify through look at your record and see that you do have the training?

The only time I've heard of a card verification was for a NITROX fill...and AOW for a Boat Dive.
I've used mine more for picture I.D. than for actually diving

Get the zipper Log Book. It keeps your pages dry and you can put pens and your cards in there. You need your highest certification level card (OW, AOW, Rescue, etc) and I would always recommend taking Enriched Air Diver, Dry Suit, DPV and Rebreather if you have them and you want to hire a Drysuit, a DPV or a Rebreather unit or you want nitrox fills.

Back
Top Bottom