how do i get a DOT sticker??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
i dropped off my tank at the local dive shop for vip and hydro and i called them today to see if it was done and they said they couldn't inspect it because there was no DOT sticker and that the tank was invalid. I thought that you get the DOT sticker after the vip and hydro. so help me out. how do i go about getting a DOT sticker

I have never heard of a DOT Sticker. Maybe the tank does not have DOT stamped into the metal of the neck with the serial #, etc. Where are you from? Is it a Canadian Tank?

You get a current hydro impression from a passed hydro. All stickers etc are memoved for this process.

The VIP is based on a current hydro, the visual inspection and an eddy current check on the neck of aluminum cyclinders.

You may have a cylinder that has been orphaned due to the manufacturer to going out of business or not having maintained the certificate on file with the hydro stations. This is done for a cylinder model, not an individual cylinder. It should be transparent to the user. It is possible that the cylinder was not originally a scuba cylinder. It may also have crossed a border to where it is not recognized or the markings may be rendered unreadable.

Pete

mtnbiker4life99:
i dropped off my tank at the local dive shop for vip and hydro and i called them today to see if it was done and they said they couldn't inspect it because there was no DOT sticker and that the tank was invalid. I thought that you get the DOT sticker after the vip and hydro. so help me out. how do i go about getting a DOT sticker

There is no DOT sticker. It's a marking stamped into the tank by the manufacturer.

If your tank doesn't have one, and you live in the US, you either have the beginnings of a really cool gong for your back yard, or can sell it to someone who lives in a place the tank is certified for.

If it says DOT, it's good in the US, if it says TC, it's good in Canada. Other than that, I haven't got a clue.

If you can read all the numbers from around the neck, and post it here, I'm sure someone will know what it is.

Terry

Web Monkey:
If it says DOT, it's good in the US, if it says TC, it's good in Canada. Other than that, I haven't got a clue.

If its an old 72 it might have the ICC stamp and be good in the US

Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom