How about a night dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JasonH20

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone willing to take me on a night dive and impress me with your cool canister light? (cough cough, OE2X, NWGD :54: )

I'm still trying to sort out what gear to buy and am currently down to what BC and what light. So I'd need to rent / borrow a BC and I only have an 8C Princeton Shockwave, so I think I'd probably have to borrow a light too.

If your willing, let me know what night, time, and place next week works for you, and I'll try to clear it with my wife. Tuesday's are definately out, but I think any other night would be OK for me.

In return, I'd be happy to buy pizza and refreshments afterwords! :)

Thanks,
Jason

Absolutely! I should be able to loan you one to try yourself ... I got my 18W light back from Sandroff yesterday ... :D

Let's set something up for next week or so ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

JasonH20:
Anyone willing to take me on a night dive and impress me with your cool canister light? (cough cough, OE2X, NWGD :54: )

I'm still trying to sort out what gear to buy and am currently down to what BC and what light. So I'd need to rent / borrow a BC and I only have an 8C Princeton Shockwave, so I think I'd probably have to borrow a light too.

If your willing, let me know what night, time, and place next week works for you, and I'll try to clear it with my wife. Tuesday's are definately out, but I think any other night would be OK for me.

In return, I'd be happy to buy pizza and refreshments afterwords! :)

Thanks,
Jason

NWGratefulDiver:
Absolutely! I should be able to loan you one to try yourself ... I got my 18W light back from Sandroff yesterday ... :D

Let's set something up for next week or so ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
OK, cool. I'll talk to my wife tonight and try to get some definite dates. Do you normally do 2 night dives? If I can get to the dive site early enough, any possibility of 1 day/dusk and 1 night dive? Also, I'll make my LDS double check my tank fills this time to make sure I have more than 1800psi! :)

Thanks,
Jason

Hey I'll be down with this as well, maybe by then I'll get my HID back from Dive Rite. Lemmie know when and were.

I have wife approval to go out any night next week except Tuesday! :monkeydan
I can cut out of work around 3:00, and meet up anytime after that traffic permitting outbound from Redmond.

Looking forward to the night dive!!!
Jason

Wed. would be best for me. I'm busy all the other nights.

Puck - Jason would like to look over your Dive Rite light if you have it by then.

Let's plan for next Wednesday (Feb 2) then ... I can get there by 4:30, so perhaps we can squeeze in two dives.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Let's plan for next Wednesday (Feb 2) then ... I can get there by 4:30, so perhaps we can squeeze in two dives.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I assume "there" is cove 2? :)

Hey puckvirus, I've really been checking out the Dive Rites, which one do you have, the 10W or 21W? Fixed or focusable head? How do you like it overall (when it's not in the shop) and what went wrong with it? Hope you can make it too on Wednesday.

Thanks,
Jason

Yep, "there" is Cove 2.

Jason, I'll let you use my Terkel light for that dive. It's the one I was using last week-end.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

JasonH20:
I assume "there" is cove 2? :)

Hey puckvirus, I've really been checking out the Dive Rites, which one do you have, the 10W or 21W? Fixed or focusable head? How do you like it overall (when it's not in the shop) and what went wrong with it? Hope you can make it too on Wednesday.

Thanks,
Jason

I've got the 10W MK11 HID Wreck light with the wide beam. I have about 10 dives under it. Actually on my first dive with it I joined OE2X and thats when we seen our first 6 gill if you can remember that post. I'm having fun with the wide beam, it makes it very useful on those days with low vis, so I'm taking it on a bunch of day dives and dont regret that extra 6 pounds it adds. I still havent got my strap to mount it on my tank, so I just clip it on my BC and it likes it there just fine.

As for whats wrong with it, I made some posts about it here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t84489-.html

I took the light to NW Sport Divers to have it checked out. From there they mailed it back to dive rite I think yesterday. Its still under warentee so they should figure out and fix what the problem is. I think I have to pay a 30 something service charge, but they will give me a cold water hose, and fix any thing else that might be broken type thing. So we shall see what the issue is.

Hey bob, what time do you think you will hit your second dive for the night next Wensday?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom