How about a night dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there for 2 dives. Lamont is out of town.

I'll be there ... Jason I'm bringing you a backplate/wing system and a canister light to try out.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I'll be there ... Jason I'm bringing you a backplate/wing system and a canister light to try out.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Oops, and don't forget my SPG is out too. :( I'll need to either borrow a SPG or a Reg setup. My tanks are yoke style.

Let me know if I need to get an SPG from my LSD before the dive tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jason

JasonH20:
Oops, and don't forget my SPG is out too. :( I'll need to either borrow a SPG or a Reg setup. My tanks are yoke style.

Let me know if I need to get an SPG from my LSD before the dive tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jason

Right ... I'll rig up a regulator for you tonight ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Right ... I'll rig up a regulator for you tonight ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Thanks Bob! I owe both you and OE2X big time for all your help!

Do I need to bring anything else for the night dive? I have my C8 for a backup.

Thanks,
Jason

JasonH20:
Thanks Bob! I owe both you and OE2X big time for all your help!

Do I need to bring anything else for the night dive? I have my C8 for a backup.

Thanks,
Jason

I have for you to use ...

- a backplate/wing ... your choice of the 6-lb DR or 10-lb DSS plate (both have 45# Oxycheq wings)
- a hogarthian-style reg set
- a Terkel 10W canister light

Bring everything else you'll need for diving. You won't need the C8 ... there'll be a backup light on the harness, and I'll have a "spare" Light Cannon in my drysuit pocket.

See you in a couple of hours ... tonight I'll finally get a chance to put some bottom time on my new drysuit ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks for the night dive, it was great! :)

Finally got to meet Bob's buddy Junior. He was very polite last night and just did a few fly by's for me. Maybe a dozen times or so I'd catch site of him circling around us and then off he'd go for 5-10 minutes.

Saw lot's of interesting stuff (as usual). Some of the stuff that stood out for me last night were a cool eel thingy. I saw a cool sculpin similiar to this one, but with more calico type coloring. Didn't get to see a GPO out in the open, but got a good glimps of a big one under a steel plate. I did however see a squid cruising along. I saw the biggest freaking shrimp of my life! It had to be at least 7-8 inches long!

The view of Seattle from Alki was pretty awesome last night too! :)

Fun times!
Jason

So anyone want to go night diving next week? :) I should have my own light soon, and have a BP/W loaned out to me for the next few weeks.

In order of preference, I'd like to go Monday or Thursday (both good), Friday (OK), Wednesday(iffy), Tuesday (out, can't go).

Thanks,
Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom