How about a night dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

puckvirus:
Hey bob, what time do you think you will hit your second dive for the night next Wensday?

What say we plan to splash on the first dive around 5:15 or so, and the second around 7 PM.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

JasonH20:
Anyone willing to take me on a night dive and impress me with your cool canister light? (cough cough, OE2X, NWGD :54: )

oh! me! me! me! me! me!

i think we really need to have a bake-off at some point. i've got the #3 halcyon reflector and i'm very interested in seeing how it compares to NWGD's EKPP upgraded one.

Okay I'll plan on being there for the second dive, probally wont get off work till 6pm because of new CDMA training at work. But I'll be there.

JasonH20:
Also, I'll make my LDS double check my tank fills this time to make sure I have more than 1800psi! :)
OK, scratch one more working item off my inherited scuba gear list.

I took my Nitrox course tonight, and had them look at my SPG. As you might remember, I noticed there was some water inside it before our last dive Saturday. Well they hooked it up to a cylinder that was measuring 500psi +/- and my SPG didn't flinch off of 0. So who know's how much pressure I really had? They are sending it to Scuba Pro for me, so it'll be interesting to see if they offer to fix/replace a 15 year old SPG?

NWGD, I don't suppose you have an SPG I can borrow too? If not, I'm sure I can finagal my LDS into letting me borrow one for Wednesday night. :)

PS, when we tested my cylinders' O2, they both read 2400psi on the nose. :)

Thanks,
Jason

Jason,
I have an extra spg on a 28" hose that you can use. Remind me on Tuesday to bring it.

JasonH20:
OK, scratch one more working item off my inherited scuba gear list.

I took my Nitrox course tonight, and had them look at my SPG. As you might remember, I noticed there was some water inside it before our last dive Saturday. Well they hooked it up to a cylinder that was measuring 500psi +/- and my SPG didn't flinch off of 0. So who know's how much pressure I really had? They are sending it to Scuba Pro for me, so it'll be interesting to see if they offer to fix/replace a 15 year old SPG?

NWGD, I don't suppose you have an SPG I can borrow too? If not, I'm sure I can finagal my LDS into letting me borrow one for Wednesday night. :)

PS, when we tested my cylinders' O2, they both read 2400psi on the nose. :)

Thanks,
Jason

Sure ... I've got a spare SPG ... but I can do better than that. Wanna try out one of those weird-looking long-hose regs that OE2X and I use? I can rig one up for you and let you try it with a different BP/wing setup than the one you used last week-end ... so you have a basis of comparison on the BP/wing. We'll show you how to set it up, and how to perform safety checks before the dive. Heck, we might even practice some OOA drills during safety stop to show you the advantage of this type of regulator.

Your choice of first stages ... either a ScubaPro MK16 (yoke style) or Apeks DST (DIN style) ... just let me know and I'll put a reg set together for you to use.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Sure ... I've got a spare SPG ... but I can do better than that. Wanna try out one of those weird-looking long-hose regs that OE2X and I use? I can rig one up for you and let you try it with a different BP/wing setup than the one you used last week-end ... so you have a basis of comparison on the BP/wing. We'll show you how to set it up, and how to perform safety checks before the dive. Heck, we might even practice some OOA drills during safety stop to show you the advantage of this type of regulator.

Your choice of first stages ... either a ScubaPro MK16 (yoke style) or Apeks DST (DIN style) ... just let me know and I'll put a reg set together for you to use.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
LOL, actually OE2X let me try out his spare long hose rig the first time I dove with him. I liked it and I'm really waivering on switching over permanently myself. I'd love to try your rig on Wednesday (my tanks are yoke style). OOA drills would be great too, I just hope I don't blind anyone with my light! :flame:

Thanks,
Jason

JasonH20:
OOA drills would be great too, I just hope I don't blind anyone with my light! :flame:
That's why one holds their light in their left hand, so the right is free to donate to the OOA diver. Right, Bob? :wink:

Jimmie

Just double checking we're still on for tomorrow night!

Who all is showing up? NWGD, OE2X, Lamont, and Puckvirus for the second dive?

See you tomorrow 4:30ish.

Jason

PS:

<---- Tomorrow will be dives #15 and #16 for me, so I'll finally be able to get rid of the goose egg on my profile. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom