Holiday slugs at Point Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nudi hunting at 170' still amazes me. Really nice diving.

Was the Trapania a range extension or have others encountered it before?

Hopefully I'll be diving this coming weekend. This week, we're in SoCal for family (no diving). As the result, scooter is in the garage if you need it midweek.

The listed range for T. velox is Baja to Carmel CA. I believe Clinton was the one that first recorded seeing it up here, a number of years ago. So, alas, no range extension for this little guy :-/

Thanks for the scooter offer. I'm going to bring it into Frank today to see if he can work some magic, and undo the mess I made :shakehead:

Thanks for the scooter offer. I'm going to bring it into Frank today to see if he can work some magic, and undo the mess I made :shakehead:

Oh oh, what happened to your scooter?

Great pics! I love that you guys go nudi hunting on your "big" dives....those are the kinds of tech dives that I aspire to do someday :D

Awesome pics Rob. I've seen Trilineata, but not the other two. Even when I do see them, they are a bit of blur. They're quite small and my eyes are getting old. Macro makes them so much easier to see and lots prettier. Thanks for posting!!!

Oh oh, what happened to your scooter?

My scooter is fine.

On the otherhand, I made the mistake of trying to service Allison's, and made a bit of a mess:D Fortunately, Frank at AWS was able to make things right. Basically, it had gone too long without service, and a bunch of screws/bolts had corroded together and seized up :shakehead:

Sure thing. And when *will* that be Lynne?

[Hope this works] Well, at least you know WHERE she'll be staying:D

Guy

Attachments

• Borg's Motel.jpg
    Borg's Motel.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 40
Oh, my goodness, too funny!

I'm hoping to get down there again in May. We had such great conditions this year at that time.

Are you and Allison thinking about a spring trip up here again? If so, let's plan TIDES!

Oh, my goodness, too funny!

<snip>

And literally right across the street from Lover's Point, so you can dress and gear up in your room [Edit: cubicle] before diving there:D

Guy

Last edited:
For anyone who wants to read more about the dive, here's my full report:

Cold Water Kitty: Twin Peaks, Try 2

As far as depths of slugs, Dotos can be found much shallower -- in 15' at the wharf! :) A lot of slugs you don't normally see (or I don't normally see anyway) can be found at the wharf. When we dove there in May, we saw Dotos of all different shades of pink and orange all over the place. And those were even close to the coolest slugs we saw that day (pics here: All Other Photos). Other than that, I have seen Dotos in the 60 to 80' range at Thumbs Up, and all over the place in the 150' range.

Lynne, we have been mulling a winter/spring trip to Seattle. But at this point, I don't think it will happen until at least May :(

Allison

Oh, I can see it now -- I'll get everything together and schedule a trip, write to you guys, and find out you're going to be HERE when I'm down there . . .

Back
Top Bottom