History of Diver Training

Diver Training

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

from the vasectomy earlier today that has me posting so much :rofl3:

Buddy breathing I think can be a confidence builder and can help teamwork. Now one can say that in small case of several failures happening, you might need it, I think it most applies to the former.

Sure. I highly doubt it will be a skill needed by most divers due to failures but the first reasons make sense.

I think though, I am kind of indifferent about it being included in an OW course. I think it is easy for most divers to master, from what I have seen so I don't think it is a big deal. I've only had to do it in one course myself actually but it is something me and my buddy tried out one day and now practice it when we are practicing other skills.

Scalpel/cauterizing. The doc looks like a mad scientist with a huge nose and hair all over the place. He was even kind enough to show me the pieces he was cutting out, lol.

Scalpel/cauterizing. The doc looks like a mad scientist with a huge nose and hair all over the place. He was even kind enough to show me the pieces he was cutting out, lol.

Ear muffs! Ear muffs please!!! That lightened the moment. :thumb:

Last edited:

Excellent. You got yours done like a real man too!

They say the lasers don't hurt but in the good old days they did it with farming implements and if it was good enough for our fathers then it's good enough for us.

In fact, some would say scalpels are for wimps. But you know.

The nurse who did the shaving was my worst nightmare. She was *way* too hot to be doing that.

R..

At first they almost didn't go through with the procedure:

I had to convince them that DAN covered it, signed a waiver excepting their Spare Air as a viable life support option, and had them overlook the fact I had split fins on

The nurse who did the shaving was my worst nightmare. She was *way* too hot to be doing that.

Every guy I know who has had to be shaved for a medical procedure has said the same thing about their nurse. Weird huh? Also why do they actually get someone to shave you? Can't you do it yourself? The face is probably the hardest body part to shave in my experience (I had an argument with my boyfriend about who had it worse when it came to hair removal out of the genders and he made me shave his face so he could prove his point) so you guys should be good at it.

I shaved myself. Sas in your experience the face is hardest? How often do you shave yours? :wink:

I shaved myself. Sas in your experience the face is hardest? How often do you shave yours? :wink:

Read the full comment I made :wink: My boyfriend made me shave his face one day because I said women had it worse with hair removal. It took ages and I had to give up as he was squealing too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom