High NI warning on Oceanic Geo 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea_ledford

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
When diving nitrox, I have regularly been getting a "high NI go up" warning. I can't for the life of me figure out what this is for or how to turn it off. I would think it means high nitrogen which is what the thing is supposed to tell me anyway, why an additional warning?

I've gotten it on a variety of dives, ie at 100 feet toward the end of a ~30 min dive on EAN 32, and at 40 feet on a similar dive profile after a 100 foot max depth. I'm also diving a VR3 and trying to keep it out of deco, so the Geo is nowhere close to it's NDL. The VR3 will give me 1 min remaining, while the Geo will give me 12 min remaining.

I had the computer for probably 600-800 dives before it started doing this. I've done several battery changes since it started happening and it hasn't changed. When I briefly had the audible alarms on the other day I started to get high PO2 warnings at about 1.2 PPO2 as well, even though I had it set for 1.4 (and just changed to 1.6). Potentially related? Anyone else ever get this warning? I've just been ignoring it so far.

Thanks,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom