Hi, I'm new to Scubaboard and sadly feeling a bit of a fraud!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rebreathers!

Why is there a corrugated hose?
It is not expected to extend, is it?

Reading through the board rules though, I can't list them until I have at least 25 posts to my name. So I'm hoping some of you kind folks might chat to me for a little while while I build up my posting tally.
How nice that someone observes posted rules. You are welcome here on SB. If observing rules is a British thing, we need more Brits. We Americans love to flout rules. Have you simply tried posting and seen whether the post appeared?

Those books will sell in about 1 millisecond if the price is anywhere near reasonable.

Rebreathers!

Why is there a corrugated hose?
It is not expected to extend, is it?
Not so much extend as flex. It has to be big diameter to make breathing easier (it only lung power that makes the air circulate through the loop and CO2 scrubber). If it was smooth it would be like a rigid tube, so its corrugated to flex when you turn your head. It's also very moist in the loop from your breath, which condenses on the walls in cold water. I find the corrugations help trap the condensation and stop it just running down into the mouth piece. :)

How nice that someone observes posted rules. You are welcome here on SB. If observing rules is a British thing, we need more Brits. We Americans love to flout rules. Have you simply tried posting and seen whether the post appeared?

Those books will sell in about 1 millisecond if the price is anywhere near reasonable.
Most (although certainly not all) Brits like to follow rules. We have whole organisations set up to make sure everyone knows the rules for and how to follow them. We like to queue as well. :)

Pricing these "anywhere near reasonable" is the tricky bit. When I imported them from the US I had to pay import duty at the time, and I seem to remember postage was something silly like $50, so over here they are expensive books. Fortunately, from what I can tell, at the moment the US aren't charging import duty on items from the uk under $800. Shipping is still expensive though, seems to be mostly express-by-air. I guess everyone is in a hurry these days, slow boat via China doesn't seem to exist anymore. Unless I can find said boat we're going to be looking at postage alone of about $22 for a single book and about $35 for all three. Is that going to put everyone off?

Of course you guys are all asleep now so I'll come back later for opinions on the cost of shipping (he said, shamelessly notching up another post... nearly there! :) )

Most (although certainly not all) Brits like to follow rules. We have whole organisations set up to make sure everyone knows the rules for and how to follow them. We like to queue as well. :)

Pricing these "anywhere near reasonable" is the tricky bit. When I imported them from the US I had to pay import duty at the time, and I seem to remember postage was something silly like $50, so over here they are expensive books. Fortunately, from what I can tell, at the moment the US aren't charging import duty on items from the uk under $800. Shipping is still expensive though, seems to be mostly express-by-air. I guess everyone is in a hurry these days, slow boat via China doesn't seem to exist anymore. Unless I can find said boat we're going to be looking at postage alone of about $22 for a single book and about $35 for all three. Is that going to put everyone off?

No it won't, in my opinion.

How was the movie?

Ok guys, the books are now listed in the Miscellaneous Items For Sale forum. If they're what you're after good luck. :)

PS if I get no takers for them as one lot, I'll split them and sell individually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom