Here we go again...PST tanks marked E9791/SP9791

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh no no, we'll revive this thread in 2026. LOL
Yeah, that's true. I should mark the expiration on the calendar so I can at least make sure they are all full when it expires so at the very least there is a little time window to go through this process again. Luckily for me it's only a couple of HP130s that I mostly use to trans-fill now.

I’m so glad PSI-PCI is taking the credit for all their extraordinary work!! Haha ..they did nothing except alert dive shops to not fill our tanks while the permit was expired.

SP (special permit) = E (exemption) [one in the same]

Though I expect shops having difficulty with this...

IIRC - Over the years the stamps (during manufacturer) transitioned from "E" to "SP" as the permit language stated how they were to be marked during manufacturer.... You can't re-mark an existing tank...

Well, at least they didn't screw us over by back-dating the exemption period time-frame to sync with the end of the last one. 2 More months, 2 more months, 2 more months! :yeahbaby:

Well, at least they didn't screw us over by back-dating the exemption period time-frame to sync with the end of the last one. 2 More months, 2 more months, 2 more months! :yeahbaby:
That is the government, that would take an additional 6 months to figure out...

SP (special permit) = E (exemption)

Though I expect shops having difficulty with this...

IIRC - Over the years the stamps (during manufacturer) transitioned from "E" to "SP" as the permit language stated how they were to be marked during manufacturer.... You can't re-mark an existing tank...
OK, thanks. So I still have to hold my breath when I drop it off for Hydro. I imagine it'll be a good idea to tape a copy of the current Exemption to the tank when dropping it off.

Guys relax..the previous (17th revision ) was identical…all is good!

Guys relax..the previous (17th revision ) was identical…all is good!
It still never is a guarantee some idiot can't comprehend it..

Maybe we can count on PSI-PCI to bring it up that’s been wrong for all 18 revisions.

Back
Top Bottom