Here we go again...PST tanks marked E9791/SP9791

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, go pick up some Faber MP tanks and take some lead off your belt.

Manufacturer & Nominal CapacityService pressure, psiActual air capacity, ft3Outer diameter, inLength without valve, inEmpty weight, lbs (w/o valve)Buoyancy Empty, lbs (w/valve)Buoyancy Full, lbs (w/valve)
Faber 1003180 +10%1007.2524.0138.7-7.26-14.76
Faber 1203180 +10%1207.2528.6448.3-7.22-16.22
I’d have to take off more than “some”.

Yes, but there are cons to those as well depending on your location.
If you are cave diving in north Florida, by all means buy the 3aa tanks, they all get filled to the same pressure.

If you are in podunk kansas, you aren't getting 3600 psi in your lp85s.
While there are the occasional 3500ish psi 3aa scuba cylinders floating around, they are very heavy. Fine for single tanks, but make horrible doubles.
I did 6 years in Kansas. I’m pretty sure the dive shop in Podunk doesn’t have a 3600 psi compressor anyway. So even HP tanks are getting an LP fill.

I pinged them again today as I’m waiting to VIP a couple of sets of doubles and don’t want any problems. Here is the response. A couple of weeks?

Attachments

• 0825228F-3FBA-4185-A1A9-23D4A030BCF3.png
    0825228F-3FBA-4185-A1A9-23D4A030BCF3.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 87
I pinged them again today as I’m waiting to VIP a couple of sets of doubles and don’t want any problems. Here is the response. A couple of weeks?
Someone from PST actually replied, and they are actually working on renewing it?

I thought the story was PST didn't care so the DOT was going to have to figure out what to do about it with the original manufacturer applying for renewal.

Someone from PST actually replied, and they are actually working on renewing it?

I thought the story was PST didn't care so the DOT was going to have to figure out what to do about it with the original manufacturer applying for renewal.
Yes I’ve been corresponding with them since 11/9/2022 and they didn’t seem to have the attitude of not caring..just it’s not on their usual radar and it seemed I was the first to ask the question. I’m not sure what PSI does or knows or if they ever actually asked PST themselves.

I spoke to Bob at PST over the phone and also sent him an email back in the middle of October, its just a much smaller operation now and its up in the air when the renewal may get filed. Worthington is bigger so they likely at least have someone who does all their permit renewals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom