Help with purchase decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba pro makes excellent regulators. I knowna lot of people that are happy with them.

I personally prefer the Apeks XTX 50 with dst first stage. I use them with fifth port for my doubles.

Really you can't go wrong with any of listed. Since your concerned about local service I wouldn't go with deep 6.

Other than switching the first to a MK 17 you can’t go wrong with the G260 and if you really don’t want to do the servicing your self, the SP will give you a lot more options for a quick turn around.
SP regs are great for servicing yourself. Manuals and service kits are easily available on the Internet. And they will be available for decades...
If you plan to go tech later, I recommend a first stage with a swivel turret, so MK25 or MK19.
And two identical G260 second stages.
SP regs are overpriced in the US, but you can buy them online from European sellers at much reduced price.
For example a friend just purchased a MK17+G260+R195+SPG+inflator-hose+bag for 485€, shipped and with two years worldwide warranty.
RO1 13 Scubapro Erogatore MK17 Evo G260 DIN300 + octopus R195 kit completo | eBay
Well the price now is 492€.
The same seller should provide an offer for a Mk25 with two G260 for something as 850€, I suppose.
Not cheap, of course, but it will serve you for at least 30 years.
I am still using the MK5+109 I purchased in 1976...

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. Will go with the MK25/G260 from my LDS. Even when I can try and save a few dollars online, I believe in supporting local businesses.

As per Deep6, when they get a hold of at least one or two LDS to service their systems, then I will give them a try.

Again, thanks.

Happy Holidays!

I dont have a problem with mailing them every 2 years, since I can keep my current Sherwood set as backup until I get back the D6.

My concern is more with quick and easy service fixes that may be needed now and then.

Tweaks are something to be do yourself

Be bold man be the first be number one

Here check this out

Service Manual

spinning2nd.gif

Stand up, relieve the pressure from your brain for a while, get some blood circulating, reopen some of the circuits
man

Tweaks are something to be do yourself

Be bold man be the first be number one

Here check this out

Service Manual

spinning2nd.gif

I was open to be the first one to open his wallet and take a leap of faith if D6 gave me a good discount. I even told them directly. But they only offered 10%.

So, no risk from their side, means no risk from my side.

They could have even used me as a market opener. But who knows... maybe they don't see Puerto Rico as an opportunity...

I was open to be the first one to open his wallet and take a leap of faith if D6 gave me a good discount. I even told them directly. But they only offered 10%.

So, no risk from their side, means no risk from my side.

They could have even used me as a market opener. But who knows... maybe they don't see Puerto Rico as an opportunity...

While I understand your position, I don't think you understand Deep6 business model. I live in the states and don't have local support. When it's time to service my signature regulators in a couple of years, I'm hoping they have the servicing class, but if not, I'll ship them in and have the service done.

Considering it's a free service the first time, that puts me out 4 years before having to come out of pocket for any type of regulator service. That's what swayed me to "take a chance". It wasn't really much of a chance in my opinion, but that's because I had no problem reaching Deep6 when I had questions.

I would have jumped at the 10% discount, but it sounds like you really want a local person to talk to face to face. I don't blame Deep6 for not offering a bigger discount, since most people that buy Deep6 are in the same boat as you, as far as local service is concerned.

I only have 2 dives on my regulators, but I love them so far.

I love my Deep6 regs, but I think the OP made the right decision given his needs and interests. Getting into reg service is not everyone's cup of tea, and it really is more about being an extension of the hobby than it is about saving money until you've owned your regs for a while or have 10 firsts/seconds to service (aka going tech...). It's a meaningful investment in time, learning, and tools.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom