Help with purchase decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going more advanced/tec.
The ones I have are awesome for staying recreational.

While waiting for the delivery of your Apeks purchase, perhaps you ought to find out if:
(1) Availability of service kits in Puerto Rico.
(2) Learn how to service it yourself.

It is not rocket science and probably nothing to lose.

@scubapr1705. Most of us have been in your situation at some point in our diving history. There are a lot of brands, models, and costs to evaluate. I looked at your "concerns lists" and believe you will make the right decision for your diving needs. The hard part is not knowing what your actual diving needs or location will be a year from now, much less 5-10 years in the future.

When I bought SP regs ten years ago, I was pretty sure that I was just going to be diving warm water fairly close to home, thinking the Caribbean. However, I decided to buy a SP Mk17 first and upper range seconds just in case I lost my mind and decided to go back to cold water diving. So far that has not happened, but in all of my overseas travels and diving, SP was the regulator brand that I saw in every dive shop visited, and I was always confident that I could get my regs serviced/fixed should the need arise. While I might have paid a little more for the SP brand, knowing I can get those regs serviced everywhere I am likely to go diving has been well worth the money paid.

I thought I was only going to be a warm weather diver, summer up here and trips to clear blue....... that lasted about 6 months before I became year round up here, yup I had to replace regs.

Thats part of why I always recommend sealed regs. For world wide being able to get service done the top two are scubapro and aqualung/apeks.

I have learnt how to service my Apeks regs and travelled with the kits. Nothing to worry!
When you know how to service the regs it is a lot easier to diagnose the problem in its early stage.

@scubapr1705. Most of us have been in your situation at some point in our diving history. There are a lot of brands, models, and costs to evaluate. I looked at your "concerns lists" and believe you will make the right decision for your diving needs. The hard part is not knowing what your actual diving needs or location will be a year from now, much less 5-10 years in the future.

When I bought SP regs ten years ago, I was pretty sure that I was just going to be diving warm water fairly close to home, thinking the Caribbean. However, I decided to buy a SP Mk17 first and upper range seconds just in case I lost my mind and decided to go back to cold water diving. So far that has not happened, but in all of my overseas travels and diving, SP was the regulator brand that I saw in every dive shop visited, and I was always confident that I could get my regs serviced/fixed should the need arise. While I might have paid a little more for the SP brand, knowing I can get those regs serviced everywhere I am likely to go diving has been well worth the money paid.
Thanks. I always like to get feedback from different places. In this case, they all pointed on investing a little bit more in order to cover my currents and future needs.

Really appreciate everyone's feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom