Help with my puppy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
yeah, how come you never said that about my dog Princess?

36995814_dd1abc37fc.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

It is simpler for me to direct you to several sources for instruction. Understanding the whole learning process from how a dog thinks is crucial to achieve success – in much less than several months. If you wish I’d be happy to photo copy and send or scan and e-mail some of what I’m recommending. And happy to help with more specific questions, just PM.

Dr. Ian Dunbar was (probably still is) an active board member of the Canine SAR group I was a member of and will give you several very basic tools of understanding to accomplish any skill you wish a dog to accomplish. Toileting can be accomplished by very, very young puppies.
These are fairly inexpensive; I just went to the listings on Amazon.com

Amazon.com: How to Teach a New Dog Old Tricks: Books: Ian Dunbar

Amazon.com: Housetraining (Behaviour booklets / by Ian Dunbar & Gwen Bohnenkamp): Books: Ian Dunbar

Amazon.com: Housetraining supplement (Behaviour booklets / by Ian Dunbar & Gwen Bohnenkamp): Books: Ian Dunbar

Amazon.com: Manners for the Modern Dog: Books: Gwen Bohnenkamp

(Gwen is Ian’s long time significant other.)

My black lab is 10 weeks old and hardly any accidents anymore just a few peeing ones as their bladders are still small, Jazz loves the crate during the day when i am at work and (naughty me sleeps in my room at night) and will just nudge me if he has to go during the night. I give him his kibble everytime he pee's or poops, just a piece or two and tell him he is a good boy. Mind you now he pretends to pee a second time lol. But he does love to please and with patience a lab is a great pet to have.!!!! Good luck!!!1

Awwwwww, beautiful pics Miss, what a sweetheart puppy :blinking:

good luck , I know it will turn out well with you :)

Andy! geez man! ... get that thing outta here!!!

H2andy.....dammmmm......what horror studio did you buy that from??? Almost as scary as waywardson's avatar. Scary as it is it is probably a sweetheart.....

Missdirected:
Ber, still thinking about what you said, if he had his drivers' license he would be on his way :wink: That was very, very sweet of you though. I would definitely trust you that is for sure. :)

Our Lab would love the company! You would get one exhausted dog back, Katie is 3 but all play. We've got 18 acres of woods and my in-laws have a nice pond for dog swimming, it's a regular doggy wonderland LOL!
Ber :lilbunny:

catherine96821:
cute !!

name?

King Titan. Titan for short. Just popping in for a sec.

Ber, talk about, "I'm going to Disney Land"!

We had, what I am hoping to be, a bit of a breakthrough today we went out and Titan did his business. However, as we were coming back in the house, he stopped, turned, and headed back out across the lanai. He hadn't finished and went back to complete his ummm "business". :wink:

Okay he and I are off to do some errands. Thanks again.

Hmmmm...send him to Ohio....permanently!:light: :D

Pretend I am not really saying this, as I don't want to jinx anything j/k :) Anywho, Titan has been doing really great! I have used the leash, crated more, and given better treats. I have also been more vigilant at keeping the food and water down only at feeding times. He does get an extra drink, just a small one, if we have been out.

One more thing he learned today, was to come out in the front yard and know he can not chase every person or animal passing by. Only dogs by the name of Ghillie and owner's by the name of GreenManelshi :sprint:

Missdirected:
Pretend I am not really saying this, as I don't want to jinx anything j/k :) Anywho, Titan has been doing really great! I have used the leash, crated more, and given better treats. I have also been more vigilant at keeping the food and water down only at feeding times. He does get an extra drink, just a small one, if we have been out.

One more thing he learned today, was to come out in the front yard and know he can not chase every person or animal passing by. Only dogs by the name of Ghillie and owner's by the name of GreenManelshi :sprint:

Not likely. Ghillie does not run. Nor do I. Ghillie stands his ground and applys a doggy "use of force" continuum. I stand my ground and do the same but I have more tools at my disposal ...

But I remain puzzled at the number of persons who allow their dog to run halfway across Fort Foster and make a general nuisance of themselves when I am playing with the Ghillie. Now I just yell loudly "Call your dog. Mine is not interested in playing with yours."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom