Help with Italian cooking/cheese/wooing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it doesn't work out - let them know I both cook and do laundry, and get them to send me their photos. I'm only interested in both of them, and am not prepared to separate.
In need of consolation after the Rugby huh? :D

Again! :mooner:

Damn - you found me!

I'll make an apperance in the rugby thread soon - I've just, um, been too busy..... :D

Damn - you found me!

I'll make an apperance in the rugby thread soon - I've just, um, been too busy..... :D
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

(sorry for the slight hijack folks......just some friendly banter.......private joke.......we'll leave now! :D /hijack)

Yeah...ummm I'm sure this is too late BUT....that isn't gonna worh with parmesean...unless you also add 1/2 cup whipping (Heavy) cream to it and some butter. So it's more like an alfredo. Parmesean doesn't have the melting qualties need alone for that dish. Hope the cheescake was good!

Let us know beforehand next time! There's tons of help here...:)

Oh - the dinner was Thursday night?

Did he get a leg-over?

I think so...you know how it is with us yanks and date lines and crap....

No wait..just checked...it's tomorrow night (Sat Oz/Fri US)

I'll put down a recipie for you that'll knock their socks (and whatever else) off. Are you old enough to buy white wine?

Cheers from Perth

R

OK here we go...a recipe to impress. It requires similar ingredients to what you already have since you can't find the boursin:

I'll also include some hints since you said you didn't know that much about italian cooking.

Rich's Chicken Alfredo
Before you cut up the chicken, pat it dry with a paper towel. Do this again after you cut it up if you need to. Reason for this is that you want to sear the chicken, not poach/steam it which is what will happen if it's too damp.

Cut up the chicken like it says, brown on all sides in olive oil
Add about 1/2-1 cup of sliced mushrooms. (Not as much as in that recipe) more olive oil if needed.
Brown those as well, according to your recipe.
Reduce heat to low.
Deglaze the pan with some dry white wine (1 tbsp) if you have it, or chicken broth.
Add 2 tablespoons butter, heat until melted
Add 1 1/4 cups heavy/whipping cream
Increase heat to medium
Add salt and pepper to taste
Gradually Stir in 2/3 Cup grated parmesean cheese (Don't use the stuff in a can, italians call that sawdust!)
Dash of nutmeg (optional)
This is when I normally throw the pasta in a pot.
Stir sauce / chicken over medium to low heat until the sauce has thickened. About 5-10 mins. Don't let it burn.
Once the fettucine is cooked and drained Add the sauce/chicken mixtue
Stir in 1 tbsp fresh italian flat leaf parsley. (Never used dried, save that stuff for New Years' Eve Confetti, that's all it's good for.

Serve Immediately.

Some thoughts on cooking Pasta:

You want to season the water with lots of salt or the pasta will be bland. So add it in ahead of time so it can dissolve.

When you put the long fettucine in the pot, use a wooden spoon to push the side sticking out into the water so it doesn't stick then stir it around. You can also dip both ends in olive oil before putting them in the water. I personally don't beleive that adding the oil to the water does anything, they don't mix and there's not enough floating in there to coat the pasta as it enters the water. So that's why I just dip the ends in a little bit.

Pasta is done when it's "al dente" (translation: to the teeth) which means it's still has some bite to it (little bit of white inside) and not soggy. Pasta continues to cook after it's out of the water so you don't want it over done in the pot.

Hope this helps. If you have way too many mushrooms left over, let me know and I'll give you an easy recipe for my stuffed mushrooms that you can serve for starters.

Have a good night! Cheers,

Rich

of course you would put in cream with the parmeson.... and some chopped bacon and eggs

oh, im making fettucini cabanara .... what are we making again???

BUT still won't touch that moldy substance you call "Vegemite" Heheheheheh...
Hey!!!!! Don't knock Vegemite!!!!! :no

It's nearly as good as Marmite! :D

Back
Top Bottom