Help with Italian cooking/cheese/wooing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JJ
DON'T USE PARMESAN for this dish. Take Philadelphia cream cheese with herbs instead, or just plain light one and add some herbs as Kim told you.
Now when cooking any pasta Italian way add a spoon of olive oil to the water. The water have to be salty but don't overdo it.
Whet talking about oil in Italian cooking we always use olive oil!!!! Don't use anything else.

As for shripms - here goes easy recipe for the future:
just a bit of oil on the deep frying pan plus garlic. Fry shripms, then poor a bit of Pernod Ricard and flambe shrimps in it (set fire and wait till it's all gone). Shripms are ready to serve.

If you need more advice let me know - remember I lived in Italy and my Sardinian Nanny had one ambition - to teach me cooking....

Mania

Dinner is tonight, I'll see if I can swing back by the store and pick up the right cheese. I could have sworn someone said parmesan woul work on the first page....:)

Oh, and I dn't have access to white wine. I'm 18, at UCF, and we get kicked out no questions asked if we have alcohol. That doesn't stop yr oommates from having some cans of beer in their mini fridges but I hve no alcohol of any sort (except GermX, it has some in it, right?)

JJ
Almity said parmesan but unfortunately she was wrong.
Philadelphia should do it so grab it.

In the worse scenario get Feta cheese

Mania
PS. let us know how it went
:D

a great spread is also a mix of Philly cheese, garlic and Italian herb mix topped with sundried tomatoes (the kind in oil)....mighty tasty :wink:

Alouette = Rindless brie.
Walmart should have Brie just use that and stop dicking around trying to make something work.
Sorry I didnt chime in earlier....

Publix had the rindless brie alouette stuff! They had a block of brie and a speadable stuff, I got the block of brie. If i screwed up, don't tell me :)

two hours!

I can tell you how to make an excellent Alfredo sauce and the chickies will love me, er eh you for it.

Cream (or milk)
1 Cream Cheese block (Do not get the light non fat it will taste gross)
Frreshly grated parmesean and regiano cheesees (you can substitute the stuff in the can)
a little salt (not too much)
Garlic Salt or frehsly minced and choped garlic.

This is all to taste so I dont have real quantities. Take a half cup to cup of the cream and warm it slowly on low heat. cut the cream cheese in cubes and let it melt slowly (not too much heat or it will thicken up) Stir and let get ooey and gooey. Add the parm and regiano cheesees to taste along with the garlic and salt and voila your are da man. Add more cream to thin etc etc.

Thow that sauce over anything and you are a master chef.

well im still having hard time with all this processed/cream cheese with herbs stuff

honestly, my mum never did it that way and i know when i use to cook pasta i can make it end up creamy

so how did it turn out???

I would personally try to do a garlic butter sauce on some pasta with some roasted tomatos and basil, for the meat make some grilled chiken or garlic butter shimp for the pasta.

Ohhh you could make a parmesean and macadamia nut encrusted mahi that would be killer. Ohhhh ya ladies I can cook. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom