Help with Italian cooking/cheese/wooing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Find yourself some ordinary cream cheese.

Add garlic, a little parsley, and chopped chives - some pepper to taste.

You should be good to go.

Just experimented. Instead of paying for chives buy Chive Cream Cheese Spread, add garlic powder. Parsley is a good idea as well. Flat Italian has more flavor. Curly makes good garnish and adds tasted chopped and sprinkled over most things.

Holy Crap!!! I walk over one building to move clothes from the washer to the dryer, and tonnes more people respond and tell me what the product I'm trying to find looks like, and then they experiment with how to make something similar incase I still can't find it!!! Scubaboard is the BOMB!

They seemed to like the shrimp I cooked last time, I'm hoping to do even better this go-round. In my dreams, I am a knight in shining armor that always has the right thing to say, and always looks handsome and graceful, while being the epitome of manliness, while at the same time being an amazing cook.

In real life, I'm totally hopeless. :) It's actually not that bad, I met these two in a Macro class, I have business clss later that night with one of them, so I've gotten to know her better and hope to get to know her better more......and it just so happens that they are of pretty much the same faith as me and we hold similar worldviews. They are obcessed with manga and anime, in particular, Naruto, but they also love to draw these characters, and I'm a decent photographer, so they compliment my photos, I compliment their drawings.....hey it's a way to start a conversation!

Thank you all so much for your help!!!! Almity--If I have them over again I'll need to find another recipe. Ask your mother what cute girls like that's not lasagne (they don't like lasagne....and that's pretty much all I know about italian is that lasagne is good) and that's easy for someone like me to cook :) I want to try manicotte/canneloni. I found you can buy the tubes already made!

You are getting some quality advice here...form both the guys and the gals.....although I might hesitate on this last little bit

Hey dude,
I could also offer advice on where to send the twins for a mature shoulder to cry on.
Regards, Brad

sorry Brad....

almity...does your Mom do laundry as well as cook? I have this stain on my new pants...and a guest room!

almity...does your Mom do laundry as well as cook? I have this stain on my new pants...and a guest room!

Yeah, Brad, I've already installed a sign in the dining room wall that points to my shoulder :wink:

SurelyShirley, I'm confused. Do you have a stain and a guest room on your pants, or a stain on your pants and your guest room?

I got wax on my dress pants and shoes about three months ago, and my mom got it off, I was so happy! I was emceeing a friend's wedding (a nice break, I photographed weddings all summer for cash and was tired of pictures! emceeing the reception and running the sound and lights for the ceremony was much simpler!) and went to the sanctuary to turn off the sound equipment after the reception was over, and someone hadn't blown out the candles at the altar. Some had melted and fallen over, catching the table on fire. Eventually burning wax fell on the carpet, lighting it on fire, so I put the fire out with my foot and some water (couldn't break the stupid glass open to get out the fire extinguisher and it wasn't a huge fire anyways), and wax dripping off the table got all over my pants.

I would have been really pissed if my mom couldn't get it off, becuase even though I saved the church from burning down, I don't think they really wanted to buy me new pants as a favour. :) Mum's are good at anything and everything, I think!

............almity...does your Mom do laundry as well as cook? I have this stain on my new pants...and a guest room!

you poor poor thing.... it must be bad for you if youre offering :D

actually my greek mother in law does my ironing....thankfully she lives right next door so she doesnt have to carry too much laundry to her house :D

You are getting some quality advice here...form both the guys and the gals.....although I might hesitate on this last little bit

sorry Brad....

My words have been quoted entirely out of context,,,though I'll admit you got the intent spot on. :D

you poor poor thing.... it must be bad for you if youre offering

actually my greek mother in law does my ironing....thankfully she lives right next door so she doesnt have to carry too much laundry to her house

Life is just not fair .......send either one....I'm not greedy

Life is just not fair .......send either one....I'm not greedy

i'll have to send my mum as my inlaws do my irnong, cut the lawns, paint the house and take the garbage out :D

and not too much garlic Jahjah... as much as i love the stuff its not too good when in the "getting to know you" stakes :wink:

Nah, I've got clothes in the dryer. In about 10 minutes they should be done, if they are dry I'm taking them out and goin gto Wallyworld, if they aren't....well depending on how dry they are they might go in for another 45 minutes, during which I'll go to wally world. If they are mostly dry, I get to hang them up around my room for the next day or two, unless I wanna pony up another $1.50...

But yeah, it's a 24 hour walmart. And lately I've been dealing with some insomnia, I might even make the cheesecake tonight too (gotta get milk for that). Tomorrow I only have one class, and it's actually a thing where I go teach a 5th grade class at a local school, I get back from that around 3:30 and have until 5:45 to finish cooking and they should show up around 6ish. I should be fine, but I'm gonna get the cheese in a few minutes becuase like I said, I've been feeling like an insomniac recently. 2-3 hours to fall asleep each night the past three or four nights. No point in trying to go to sleep if I know I won't fall asleep until 4am right?

As far as garlic goes, I'm actually gonna mix some listerine in with the pasta, and the cheesecake will have Orbit instead of blueberries :)

(I happen to know, though, that neither of these girls have ever kissed somebody. We won't be getting too intimate. Fine by me, I'm in the same boat as them!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom