Help w/Wife's Fins, She Doesn't Like Deep 6 Eddy's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A high arch is the only reason I can figure for the small/medium Eddys not fitting.

I never had her try to wear the spring under the bump...that's an idea.

Gotta ask... removed any plastic packing inserts, right? Don't laugh, it happens.

I thought they were apart of the fin...maybe some type of extra barrier for sharks. You mean you take them out?

She may just have a high arch in her foot...I wish I knew because I love my Eddy's

I have my Mares Quattro for years. Started with open now full. Loved losing the booties but really only dive warm water now. Daughter who worked in the industry did buy spilts. She hated them and is pretty much easy to please with gear. It’s very personal. It would be great if you have friends who could trade with her for a dive.

We do, I just wish she said something at the quarry. It would of been better than the pool

Also keep in mind that different color eddy's have different characteristics.

There is no difference between colors, only between sizes. The SM is made of a softer grade than the L,XL, or XXL.

The springs are probably to short, I can’t say for sure but I’ve had to put the spring from the XXL or Hollis on the XL before just tying bungee to the posts (screws) and those work much better. I have found them the bigger problem, as in not easy to modify, being the shape of the front of the foot pocket where it tapers to narrow at the end and jams my big toe, bungee helped that.

I don’t know about the newer fins but I had two XL orange pair without holes in the end and they were very stiff, a pair of XXL with the hole in the tip that are so floppy that I found them pretty useless for me except where I wanted fins that went on and pulled right off due to the ginormas foot pocket I called them my “Lobos” fins (point Lobos where entry and exit can be tricky due to tide and swell). I’ve switched to GO Sport fins for performance and fit that suit me better.

I wear the S/M Eddys with both wetsuit and drysuit. My wetsuit booties are 5mm DGX booties. Drysuit neoprene socks are 5mm with thick wool socks underneath and the low profile Fusion boot over.

Fins are not tight. I’ve never had to adjust the spring straps at all.

Was there ever a break in period? Did it ever feel tight or hurt the arch on the top of your foot? I almost thought about taking hair dryer / hot air gun to "mold" the pocket to the top of her foot, but I didn't want to damage something that might be sent back (and was).

I've seen her feet, they've never looked overly "arched" to me. Just normal, petite feet...

I hate to keep picking on you, but it seams you and her are about the same size, so you might be my best bet at getting to the bottom on it.

The springs are probably to short, I can’t say for sure but I’ve had to put the spring from the XXL or Hollis on the XL before just tying bungee to the posts (screws) and those work much better. I have found them the bigger problem, as in not easy to modify, being the shape of the front of the foot pocket where it tapers to narrow at the end and jams my big toe, bungee helped that.

I don’t know about the newer fins but I had two XL orange pair without holes in the end and they were very stiff, a pair of XXL with the hole in the tip that are so floppy that I found them pretty useless for me except where I wanted fins that went on and pulled right off due to the ginormas foot pocket I called them my “Lobos” fins (point Lobos where entry and exit can be tricky due to tide and swell). I’ve switched to GO Sport fins for performance and fit that suit me better.

Maybe. It didn't seem like the pocket was the problem as much as the spring with the S/M.

There is no difference between colors, only between sizes. The SM is made of a softer grade than the L,XL, or XXL.
This does not agree with my personal experience. I directly compared a pair of black to a pair of blue in the same size (large). The blue fins were definitely softer/more flexible.

YMMV,

Jackie

Maybe. It didn't seem like the pocket was the problem as much as the spring with the S/M.
It’s the pocket as it relates to my feet, the bungee mitigated the effect, fins do not need to be tight to be effective.

Back
Top Bottom