Help w/Fire Department Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I called Safe Air again, same number I called before and left another message.

@tbone1004, you always make my life easier. I keep waiting for you to head north so I can buy you a beer (or 12:cool:). You deserve every bit!

They're likely working from home, times are weird. Hopefully they get back to you.

They're likely working from home, times are weird. Hopefully they get back to you.

I'm sure they will. I'll send another email tomorrow if I don't hear back.

Thanks again!! I'll report back what I find.

I work for a FD and fill my Scuba tanks there. Most SCBA compressors have an auxiliary fill port that a quick couple hose will attach to. It bypasses the female coupling you show in your pics. We have a 10' hose that has a quick couple on one end and a yoke on the other with a bleed screw. I would get pics but we are not allowed in the station unless on duty. We sourced our hose from LN Curtis and Sons. The makers of the compressor would know what you need.
Rescue boats use the same fitting to fill from an SCBA or Scuba tank.

I work for a FD and fill my Scuba tanks there. Most SCBA compressors have an auxiliary fill port that a quick couple hose will attach to. It bypasses the female coupling you show in your pics. We have a 10' hose that has a quick couple on one end and a yoke on the other with a bleed screw. I would get pics but we are not allowed in the station unless on duty. We sourced our hose from LN Curtis and Sons. The makers of the compressor would know what you need.

most of those will be Swagelok QF4 fittings, however I believe this compressor has had that port disconnected for whatever reason. That's how I get my fills at the local FD

I appreciate the reply, and yes that would be ideal. Neither FD is allowed to fill outside of the blast chamber. Each unit does have the aux. on the unit, but sadly not allowed to use it.

They used to, the one FD even still has the SCBA to Yoke hose, but they have disconnected the plumbing to the aux.

I appreciate the reply, and yes that would be ideal. Neither FD is allowed to fill outside of the blast chamber. Each unit does have the aux. on the unit, but sadly not allowed to use it.

They used to, the one FD even still has the SCBA to Yoke hose, but they have disconnected the plumbing to the aux.

Don't remember if I asked this, but will they let you fill the bottles inside of your vehicle if you had a long enough fill hose? That's what I do at my VFD. 50ft whip and leave the bottles in my truck.

Don't remember if I asked this, but will they let you fill the bottles inside of your vehicle if you had a long enough fill hose? That's what I do at my VFD. 50ft whip and leave the bottles in my truck.

We did talk about that. The one FD would be at least 75' to the back door where it would even be possible. The other would be 40' or so, but I don't think they would go for that....at least not until I got to know them better (or bought a few pizza's here and there).

Hmm that is silly in practicality but I do think that is an NFPA suggestion however. We do it all the time, it is quite common in the fire service

I agree 100%, but not my setup.

There are NFPA restrictions on some of these parts which is why they can't publish the full parts list which is infuriating, but I should have answers for you shortly

NFPA is only a suggestion and I don't think they would have any authority over a company publishing their own data. NFPA is so expansive that not one single agency can be in complete compliance with it. It is more of a best practice thing and what is the standard in that area.

As a Fire Chief I consciously deviated from it many many times based on my own jurisdictions needs. With that said, talking with the FD upper level management and finding out what you could do to make it work is worth a shot. The old adage of how many cases of beer does it take is in reality all this is. They can alter the policy if it makes sense and they are getting something in return. Helping with a fundraiser if they are a combination or volunteer agency or something along those lines. They have a lot on their plate right now and it wouldn't be a good time to bring it up but down the road I would if I were in your shoes. There is always a way

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom