Help w/Fire Department Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The better way would be to put a QD between the parker scba whip end and the steel T fitting, where the guy's palm is in the picture. But your FD might not want you actually altering their whips for scuba purposes. Unless they have a dive team in which case you could suggest that.

No Sir, I tried that. I even printed all the literature that goes along with the Swagelock fitting to prove it was the correct stuff. He said no can do as per their rules and regulations. They're not allowed to touch the unit except to fill.

The man in charge is very nice and is also excited as he wants to be able to fill his tank to clean his pool, so he's on my side. Downside is it has to be inside the blast chamber, so could only do singles....

No Sir, I tried that. I even printed all the literature that goes along with the Swagelock fitting to prove it was the correct stuff. He said no can do as per their rules and regulations. They're not allowed to touch the unit except to fill.

The man in charge is very nice and is also excited as he wants to be able to fill his tank to clean his pool, so he's on my side. Downside is it has to be inside the blast chamber, so could only do singles....
The other alternative is to add a scuba whip to their system.
I would be surprised if parker makes a quick scba to scuba adapter and even if they do, if it will actually fit in the blast cabinet.

I would be surprised if parker makes a quick scba to scuba adapter and even if they do, if it will actually fit in the blast cabinet.

You can see their fitting in the 2nd and 3rd pictures in the 1st post, it has a whip that goes inside the chamber. I'm not 100% that it will all fit. I was almost thinking about maybe a 90 instead of the scba straight fitting. I've seen them made that way.

Actually, I think that it might all fit if I went with an SCBA to Yoke fitting without the bleeder. The FD I've seen already have a bleeder on the system.
scba-to-scuba-adapter

patience young padawan. I'll have the part number for the CGA347 to 503 fittings part number. You'll still need your scuba fitting to CGA347 adapter, but this will screw on the end of it.
It will look exactly like the iphone screenshot. Standby

:D. I know your working on the 503 fitting, and I really appreciate it!

I believe what I posted above will work better (for the scba to yoke)? It would remove the bleeder and save space to fit in the blast chamber.
scba-to-scuba-adapter

The guys on the dive team that use the adapter from the iphone picture also fill with a whip, but not inside a blast chamber. Different department, different rules I guess...

:D. I know your working on the 503 fitting, and I really appreciate it!

I believe what I posted above will work better (for the scba to yoke)? It would remove the bleeder and save space to fit in the blast chamber.
scba-to-scuba-adapter

The guys on the dive team that use the adapter from the iphone picture also fill with a whip, but not inside a blast chamber. Different department, different rules I guess...

The part you need to order is Parker 503-254H-SS. Safe Air is a distributor and will be the best place to order per Parker. Recommended torque of 13-15ftlbs on the CGA fitting.
You will need a male CGA346/7 fitting to NPT of either sex, then some sort of scuba fitting that ideally has the opposite sex of NPT on it, though both may well be female. In that case you need a M2M adapter. If you have 300bar din valves, you will very much want a din fitting, however if you have 200bar, the yoke is fine.

If you're making yoke and happen to have a spare yoke laying around. May be worth calling John and seeing how small he can make one
Yoke Flange Nut to 1/4'' NPT

The part you need to order is Parker 503-254H-SS. Safe Air is a distributor and will be the best place to order per Parker. Recommended torque of 13-15ftlbs on the CGA fitting.
You will need a male CGA346/7 fitting to NPT of either sex, then some sort of scuba fitting that ideally has the opposite sex of NPT on it, though both may well be female. In that case you need a M2M adapter. If you have 300bar din valves, you will very much want a din fitting, however if you have 200bar, the yoke is fine.

If you're making yoke and happen to have a spare yoke laying around. May be worth calling John and seeing how small he can make one
Yoke Flange Nut to 1/4'' NPT

Did he by chance give you a price on that fitting?

I think I'm stuck with yoke. I use din, but the tanks have the insert.

Did he by chance give you a price on that fitting?

I think I'm stuck with yoke. I use din, but the tanks have the insert.

Parker doesn't sell direct for stuff like that, only through distributors. I can't imagine it's that expensive though. If it's more than $30, I'll be floored.

BUT you now have the specific part number to ask for, Safe Air PROBABLY has at least one in stock, and you don't need them to dig through and find the part anymore. Much easier quote.

Parker doesn't sell direct for stuff like that, only through distributors. I can't imagine it's that expensive though. If it's more than $30, I'll be floored.

BUT you now have the specific part number to ask for, Safe Air PROBABLY has at least one in stock, and you don't need them to dig through and find the part anymore. Much easier quote.

I called Safe Air again, same number I called before and left another message.

@tbone1004, you always make my life easier. I keep waiting for you to head north so I can buy you a beer (or 12:cool:). You deserve every bit!

Back
Top Bottom