Help w/Fire Department Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
If this needs to be moved, please feel free. Not sure where it belongs.

I have a local FD willing to fill tanks, but I'm coming up empty as far as the parts go. The 1st picture is a Yoke to SCBA adapter, but the 1/4" female pipe thread fitting (I believe it's 1/4") at the bottom is a quick connect that I can't find anywhere. I believe it's a Parker series 503 fitting found on this page about 1/2 way down the page.;
SCBA Couplings that Save Time and Improve Reliability

This is what I would need to build (the yoke to scba is sold everywhere, it's just the bottom piece I'm looking for);
Dqfm0GZ.png

I can get the yoke to scba here; SCBA to Yoke, although I know it's cheaper elsewhere without the bleeder.

At the FD this is what it would connect to;
w25k9sk.jpg

xC1LInc.jpg

I've looked and asked around, I'm stumped. I've sent out a few emails and left messages with FD suppliers online, but it seems they have other things to tend to or maybe are closed up for now?

Really appreciate anyone's help. Hope everyone is staying safe in all this mess. Happy diving!

Is anyone out there? .....Can anybody hear me?......

In all seriousness, does anybody have a clue?

only thing I've got is what I sent in PM to call Safe Air, but they may be working weird hours. They are definitely more responsive via phone than email

only thing I've got is what I sent in PM to call Safe Air, but they may be working weird hours. They are definitely more responsive via phone than email

Thanks Tom, I'll give them a call today. I have sent emails out to a few different supply places. I don't really know how to describe the part without the picture to go with. I just figured I could post about it publicly here to see if anyone knew.

Thanks Tom, I'll give them a call today. I have sent emails out to a few different supply places. I don't really know how to describe the part without the picture to go with. I just figured I could post about it publicly here to see if anyone knew.

I emailed by guy at Parker. Will hopefully have part numbers for you shortly.

Awesome. Thanks Tom!!

I had emailed Parker, Safe Air, and one other can't remember. I've called and left messages with some also. I just figured they might be busy with everything.

Awesome. Thanks Tom!!

I had emailed Parker, Safe Air, and one other can't remember. I've called and left messages with some also. I just figured they might be busy with everything.

There are NFPA restrictions on some of these parts which is why they can't publish the full parts list which is infuriating, but I should have answers for you shortly

I don't know why that would be, seems silly, but I'm not understanding something I'm sure.

I'm just happy it exists. I didn't think it did.

There are NFPA restrictions on some of these parts which is why they can't publish the full parts list which is infuriating, but I should have answers for you shortly

Hopefully with prices / part #'s? Thanks Tom!

Here's an interesting video how they go together for anyone that follows later; speed up to the 58 sec mark or so to see the normal SCBA vs this QC fitting;

Purpose in Action: Jason Manning

I would imagine most fire stations are switching to this, I know mine all have.

The better way would be to put a QD between the parker scba whip end and the steel T fitting, where the guy's palm is in the picture. But your FD might not want you actually altering their whips for scuba purposes. Unless they have a dive team in which case you could suggest that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom