Is a QC6 repairable/serviceable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is kind of an Off-Topic question:
I used QC6 connectors for a short while and found no particular advantage to them. What advantages do you guys experience?

I used QC6 connectors for a short while and found no particular advantage to them. What advantages do you guys experience?
They have enough volume to run a BOV from an offboard source.

They have enough volume to run a BOV from an offboard source.
What about the XS Scuba Brass 2nd Stage Quick Disconnect AC990?
Can it replaces the QC6 to connect off-board gas to BOV?

What about the XS Scuba Brass 2nd Stage Quick Disconnect AC990?
Can it replaces the QC6 to connect off-board gas to BOV?
Probably. There are lots of other connectors that will work, just maybe not quite as well.
Omniswivel makes one that is nearly impossible to use with dry gloves. Once connected, it works. But it is a garbage design if you dive cold water. The QC6 is simple and works well.

Depends from kind of dirt that causes an issue. Rust - may be coke/phosphoric acid. But for salt - vinegar is cheap and easy.
If i had an QC6 with same issue - i first try vinegar.
If you actually had a QC6 that had been in salt water you'd understand - its rust

The omniswivel variety jams. The twisty locking collar is just yuck with gloves

Thx a lot!
Probably. There are lots of other connectors that will work, just maybe not quite as well.
Omniswivel makes one that is nearly impossible to use with dry gloves. Once connected, it works. But it is a garbage design if you dive cold water. The QC6 is simple and works well.

Back
Top Bottom