HELP me pee...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSam

Sister of Shenanigans
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In all seriousness, not being able to pee underwater is becoming a frustrating issue for me.

I've never been able to pee while in my wetsuit either but the minute the wetsuit is peeled off I can pee immediately. Now I use a She-P/P-valve in my drysuit and I'm still not able to pee underwater.

I thought the biggest learning curve to the She-P and P-valve was adhering it correctly to avoid leakage but that turned out to be the easiest part. Never did I expect the most difficult part of the She-P/P-valve experience would be my inability to pee underwater. I hydrate before the dive and in between dives in the hopes of being able to use the darn thing underwater.

My sympathetic dive buddies, both male and females, have offered many great suggestions but I've yet to pee underwater.

• Stop finning, relax while holding onto something, ie: platforms, mooring/anchor line, wreck
  • I've closed my eyes
  • I've envision "the peeing act"
  • I've tried hovering, standing and even sitting on the platform
I can pee when I'm standing or floating on the shoreline. This weekend I was able to pee standing on the boat's swim platform and standing on the dock.

Does anyone else have this problem and if you do, or did, what did you do to overcome it? How are you able to pee underwater? Appreciate any suggestions from the peanut gallery. :D

I know it's all mental or more accurately I'm mental! :depressed:

So there are 3 kinds of divers, those who pee in their wetsuits, those who lie about peeing in their wetsuits and those who wish they could pee in their wetsuits. I will admit I am in the last group as well.

I always thought that girls could "hold it in" better than us guys...That this is an issue and there's even a "system" is quite the eye opener.
You have to use 'commando' style in a full suit?

Just imagine you're a dolphin then....

So there are 3 kinds of divers, those who pee in their wetsuits, those who lie about peeing in their wetsuits and those who wish they could pee in their wetsuits. I will admit I am in the last group as well.
Funny you should mention that cause this weekend my buddy said I fell into the pee in their wetsuit group cause I WANT to pee.:rofl3:

I always thought that girls could "hold it in" better than us guys...That this is an issue and there's even a "system" is quite the eye opener.
I hold it so well it does not wanna come out underwater. :crying:

I had a heck of a time overcoming peeing in a wetsuit. My first successful attempt was floating on surface in snorkeling position but with reg in my mouth. From there I "graduated" to a semi-horizontal fin / knee pivot on the bottom - then just needing a finger on the bottom (sand or bare rock only of course).

The real key I found was that I need a "moment of zen" to actually start peeing, and as my "peeing skills" progressed, that moment became shorter and less well defined, where now all I really need is a momentary pause to start the flow

It's simple, Sam ... when the pressure inside your body becomes greater than the pressure outside your body, it will come out.

You just need to stay down longer ... :crafty:

... "Doctor" Bob :D

Now there is a title worthy of a Sig.

I relax on the SS and unload there. One of the reasons I never go barefoot on a boat.

Now there is a title worthy of a Sig.

I relax on the SS and unload there. One of the reasons I never go barefoot on a boat.

While wearing a full wetsuit? Where does the Pee go???

One more reason not to hit (accidentally!) a guy on his stomach after a long dive...

While wearing a full wetsuit? Where does the Pee go???
Unless a diver opens his/her wet suit to catch water on the ladder and flush thru, much of it goes on the deck - and most divers don't have front zip suits, or just don't.

I carry a small bottle of pet urine neutralizer on trips to spray my suit. Helps.

When I first started using a p-valve I had to stop and hold on to a rock and just relax for a while. now a year later I don't even break stride:cool2:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom