Help! Ducomi Pier - Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you have just become the third person on my ignore list in four years.

Two of them were permanently banned. I devoutly hope that you follow them.

Good-bye.
come now Larry, surely there is some humour to be had from it?

hmm..

I think you have just become the third person on my ignore list in four years.

Two of them were permanently banned. I devoutly hope that you follow them.

Good-bye.

So ban me.

I am trying to say that you - and others like you who care for your place - cannot stop World-class dive sites from being ruined by business here - albeit small-scale business (forget multi-million dollar investments).

So, what hope do other have to protect their areas?

Especially when most do nothing when places are threatened (other than say 'oh - we must raise a petition' (meaning 'do nothing').

IMO, nobody really seems to care enough to take action here - unlike Malaysia/Indonesia. But, there is more to protect here!!!

Thing is Philippine dive tourism is established everywhere in the World other than the Philippines.

Local divers do little or nothing to promote/protect their own place (but like to think that they are spearheading this).

Sad, but true.

Though we are discussing Ducomi, can people with strong opinions say if they know the true story about Tubbataha Reef and how this area came to be protected and become a World Heritage Site?

Can't the same people also give examples of other areas where people have stuck their necks out to protect an area?

There was a lot of meanigful 'protection' talk about Ducomi when it was announced that this place was under threat ('we can help', 'we are caring' etc, blah, blah) but nothing was done (or reported as done, i.e. no petition, original people who posted to say they cared did 'zero').

These same people ought to have learned something from Tubbataha (if they know the truth) and have done more.

I just think they always take the easy route and blame others for their failings.

But, 'hey-ho' another prime dive site finished for a few years - so what.

Try Lembeh where people actually care (Indonesia) c/o Mike Veitch.

Honestly, I would go there for macro over the PI's now as people here simply do not care for their own dive areas here.

At least you can know that Lembeh is cared for and protected more than anywhere in the PI's.

I heard (I think through Chip once again :coffee:) that when the work project on the pier was announced, a small group of divers from the southern PIs came up there and started collecting every Crown of Thorns seastar they could in an effort to minimise the impact on the coral there! They did a brilliant job, even though the work destroyed all the coral they saved from the COTs... And obviously, they weren't Philipinos because we all know Pinoys don't give a damn about human life, safety, or coral reefs... I think they were some sort of Expat or something... :dork2: At least we know they weren't Canadian, since they collected the COTs rather than cruelly clubbing them to death...:mooner::mooner: Someone should propose them for the darwin awards...:cool2:

So ban me.

I am trying to say that you - and others like you who care for your place - cannot stop World-class dive sites from being ruined by business here - albeit small-scale business (forget multi-million dollar investments).

So, what hope do other have to protect their areas?

Especially when most do nothing when places are threatened (other than say 'oh - we must raise a petition' (meaning 'do nothing').

IMO, nobody really seems to care enough to take action here - unlike Malaysia/Indonesia. But, there is more to protect here!!!

Thing is Philippine dive tourism is established everywhere in the World other than the Philippines.

Local divers do little or nothing to promote/protect their own place (but like to think that they are spearheading this).

Sad, but true.

Describing yourself as 'Marine Scientist' from Canada, I expected more. However, as I have also received similar juvenile remarks from another Canadian, then I am revising my attitude to Canadians.

You do a disservice to Canada.

Obviously you've never met Chip.... I have.

Any particular reason that you want to insult people? Are you still an arrogant ass in person I wonder, or do you only do this from a "safe" place behind your keyboard?

Any chance you ever had of being "the force for change" that you apparently think you should be, is out the window, because you've managed to alienate everyone that you come in contact with here.

Maybe you should take a break from posting for a while and go somewhere to learn some manners. Without a major attitude adjustment, I don't think that you're going to be posting here much longer.

censored for family viewing -

pm me for the hidden message

or credit valid in tech courses for public forum guesses
Come now Matt, I know he deserves it but don't stoop to World Wide Diva's level with the blatant insults. He's already exposed himself to be a fool that shot his mouth without knowing anything about the situation.

Oh Master World Wide Diva, [-]before I respond to your pathetic trolling comments[/-], please answer Anna's question and kindly tell us what you have done for the Philippines in terms of marine conservation? In fact, tell us how you would have handled the Ducomi Pier issue?

Or are you going to keep talking out of your ass? If you are, then we can continue to enjoy pointing and laughing at your "out of touch with the region" posts.

Thank you in advance for your response. xoxoxo.

edit: @ bill - thanks for the kind words good sir. :) WWDiva's silly troll amused me more than anything. :)

I'm curious to know what the two of you are actively doing to fight the power station and/or to protect/create reefs in Mindanao. Gen San Chris and John have invested significant time and money in artificial reefs... what has your contribution been, Andrew and Jane? Perhaps you can lead by example... :)

i seriously doubt this went unnoticed (more like conveniently ignored). bumping it up just the same. Hello there WWD, the above post is addressed to you.

Back
Top Bottom