Help! Ducomi Pier - Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jigo, is that a Troll? Being beaten with his own pole? And jam leaking out?

Larry, breakfast is served!!!!:coffee::D:D:D: You're only missing the Croissants...:eyebrow:

Jigo, is that a Troll? Being beaten with his own pole? And jam leaking out?

Larry, breakfast is served!!!!:coffee::D:D:D: You're only missing the Croissants...:eyebrow:

nah, its a troll beating a seal pup :no:

nah, its a troll beating a seal pup :no:

Then it obviously isn't a Canadian Troll, or there would be much more blood everywhere...:cool2:

I am interested to know if - in your opinion - if the winning bidders did a good job.

You infer you would have done this better, but the 'cheaper option' was chosen.

Maybe you can say what your proposal was viz the 'cheaper option'.

For me, the 'cheaper option' from contractors will always be taken in the PI's, as this means more scope for graft.

The real point here is that a premium diving area located in a touristic place can be destroyed by the 'cheapest bid'.

And, very few seemed to get involved.

A similar situation exists in Gensan right now, and I know that the same thing will happen there.

IMO, a nice nuclear power station on Boracay would be good.

Screw it. I'll bite.

I'm a bit confused as to why you're still running your mouth off making a deal about this. If you go back to the top of the previous page, Rudy has already clearly explained that the business made a choice. The local community[diving or otherwise] was NOT contacted about this, and not involved in any decision making process. And there is not necessarily any reason a private business should do that. Whether they chose the cheapest bid or not is irrelevant as they clearly had no interest in the preservation of the site.

The information leaked out literally days before the work was due to start; had everyone running around seeing if we could do anything to stop it. It looked like there was hope, but then as the workers got started it became clear that our input was not being listened to or taken on board. The contractors did the work they were paid to do, the company solved their problem. The diving community had no input and no ability to change anything.

So what are you suggesting could/should have been done differently? Maybe if you were here you could have saved the day?

If you know the same thing will happen in Gen San, then wouldn't your time and energy be better spent lobbying against that rather than just pissing everyone here off?

Matt's pretty much covered the bases here.

The company that went in to tender actually devised a new system of injection repair, that - I believe - is to be patented. As such, there's not a lot I can, or should, say about it as it was not developed by me.

As for whether it would have worked, I have 15 years of construction experience, and the idea struck me as perfectly feasible, and indeed as a very, very clever solution to a tricky problem, which is one of the reasons I was keen to get involved.

The winners of the tender, from what I've heard (i'm not PI-based, either) screwed the job up on a monumental scale. I believe that the other company I was dealing with would have done a better - and more environmentally-friendly - job.

As it turned out, we were not given the chance. You could not have changed that, Chip could not have changed that, Matt could not have changed that, I could not have changed that, the Easter Frigging Bunny, Santa, Rudolf, the Loch Ness Monster, Saquatch and God himself could not have changed that. Get the idea?

Hopefully this is good enough for you; you've wasted enough of our collective time as it is.

That'll be freaking New Zealand ya' spanner...

Z...
good point, judging from your photo looks like aussies take cheetahs from behind... that's some cougar young man!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom