• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Heart Rate Monitor for the Scubapro G2

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by brk9422, Aug 11, 2019.

1. brk9422

brk9422 Angel Fish

Thanks for the help/replies, I got it working! Seems that the battery was DOA, and probably not paired either it sounds like. I first wet it and the contacts and touched it to the computer (before changing the battery) and nothing still....so I opened the battery compartment, replaced the battery, and did the same thing again. After maybe 20 seconds it started to show skin temperature and heart rate...all outside of water like I wanted.

Thanks again

2. happy-diver

happy-diver Skindiver ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Remember to grab a couple of orings from the oring shop
    and set up your customisable greeting screen

3. Hatul

Hatul Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Glad to hear it worked. Yes it seems the battery in this HR transmitter does not last as long as the on in the sealed unit of the Galileo Sol. It may have to do with the algorithm it uses to turn off and on. It's a good idea to dry the contacts after diving so it shuts off.

4. brk9422

brk9422 Angel Fish

Good idea, having no battery life indicator on it, I will probably remove them more often than not....just need to get some extra Orings too. Seems like a good piece of equipment, but they didn't do as good of a job on the documentation in the manual as they probably should have to be brutally honest. There was no mentioning of needing to touch the sensor to the computer to pair it, and it might have been a good idea for it to be shipped with the battery outside of the case so you dont have to struggle opening it and second guessing if it worked. Overall though very pleased with the setup, just was a difficult time getting some basic questions answered that weren't covered in the manual....so thanks again to all that assisted on this thread!