Heart Rate Monitor for the Scubapro G2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the help/replies, I got it working! Seems that the battery was DOA, and probably not paired either it sounds like. I first wet it and the contacts and touched it to the computer (before changing the battery) and nothing still....so I opened the battery compartment, replaced the battery, and did the same thing again. After maybe 20 seconds it started to show skin temperature and heart rate...all outside of water like I wanted.

Thanks again

Remember to grab a couple of orings from the oring shop
and set up your customisable greeting screen

Thanks for the help/replies, I got it working! Seems that the battery was DOA, and probably not paired either it sounds like. I first wet it and the contacts and touched it to the computer (before changing the battery) and nothing still....so I opened the battery compartment, replaced the battery, and did the same thing again. After maybe 20 seconds it started to show skin temperature and heart rate...all outside of water like I wanted.

Thanks again
Glad to hear it worked. Yes it seems the battery in this HR transmitter does not last as long as the on in the sealed unit of the Galileo Sol. It may have to do with the algorithm it uses to turn off and on. It's a good idea to dry the contacts after diving so it shuts off.

Good idea, having no battery life indicator on it, I will probably remove them more often than not....just need to get some extra Orings too. Seems like a good piece of equipment, but they didn't do as good of a job on the documentation in the manual as they probably should have to be brutally honest. There was no mentioning of needing to touch the sensor to the computer to pair it, and it might have been a good idea for it to be shipped with the battery outside of the case so you dont have to struggle opening it and second guessing if it worked. Overall though very pleased with the setup, just was a difficult time getting some basic questions answered that weren't covered in the manual....so thanks again to all that assisted on this thread!

Can you detail the method you used in setting this up and pairing it to your computer that worked for you? I’ve had mine for a few months, had the first one (which did work) replaced under warranty, and have had no luck with it staying paired to the computer. Not sure if it has to do with the wife and I diving HRM’s and G2’s, and the crazy HRM’s are “cross talking” to the others HRM. WHEN we do get them to work, they provide erratic results at best. Thought of resetting my G2 to factory settings, but then that will probably erase my dive logs. I’d have to go in and back those up separately and then do the factory reset.
Good idea, having no battery life indicator on it, I will probably remove them more often than not....just need to get some extra Orings too. Seems like a good piece of equipment, but they didn't do as good of a job on the documentation in the manual as they probably should have to be brutally honest. There was no mentioning of needing to touch the sensor to the computer to pair it, and it might have been a good idea for it to be shipped with the battery outside of the case so you dont have to struggle opening it and second guessing if it worked. Overall though very pleased with the setup, just was a difficult time getting some basic questions answered that weren't covered in the manual....so thanks again to all that assisted on this thread!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom