Heart Rate Monitor for the Scubapro G2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brk9422

Registered
Reaction score
I recently just bought the Scubapro G2 console, and it came with the heart rate monitor. I haven't had a chance to use the HRM in water yet, but tried it on after setting up everything on the computer G2 to see how it worked. So far it just shows --- for the HRM so I was wondering if it will only work in Dive mode??? Is this true, or is my battery most likely DOA (dead on arrival)? I might have missed it but don't see anything in the manual specifying that it would only work while in water. Hopefully it is just the battery but wanted to check with the forums first.

Thanks!

The contacts on the HRM need to be wet. Sounds silly, but have you remove the little bit of paper that comes between the battery and the contacts in the HRM?

I was going to remove the battery cover, and tried...sort of, but it is SUPER tight and then I read that you would have to replace the O-ring so I stopped trying to take the battery cover off. I don't see any standard piece of plastic or paper coming out of the battery cover like on most electronics, but it sounds like I do need to remove the cover and just be careful with the O-ring. Is that accurate, or would I see something sticking out of the cover?

Or should I just dip the HRM in some water? I do plan to primarily use it in a dry suit, but saw that you should wet the contacts. Wasn't sure how wet that means though (internal or external). Thanks in advance.

if you are using it with a dry suit the manual specifies you need to wet the contacts first. TGIF is correct the contacts need to be wet.

Thanks guys, at work but will try this shortly. I plan to hold it next to the computer to pair and then am going to wet the back of it before putting it on in hopes that will work. If not, sounds like the battery might be dead or there is a piece of paper between the batter and the contacts which I might need the scuba shop to handle....don't want to damage the Oring. Will report back in a couple of hours!

This was discussed in another thread. The recommended way to activate the HR function is put the strap on your chest with wet contacts, then pair by holding the computer next to the transmitter. The computer should display the HR alternating with the skin temp. This is done on land before the dive.

I tried that a few minutes ago but it still wouldn't work, so I think the battery might be dead. I assume the heart rate and skin temp WILL show BEFORE the diver enters water (hence working on land independent of whether or not you are diving)??

If so, then I will replace battery and it *should* work

I was going to remove the battery cover, and tried...sort of, but it is SUPER tight and then I read that you would have to replace the O-ring so I stopped trying to take the battery cover off. I don't see any standard piece of plastic or paper coming out of the battery cover like on most electronics, but it sounds like I do need to remove the cover and just be careful with the O-ring. Is that accurate, or would I see something sticking out of the cover?
You won't see anything sticking out from under the cover. To be safe, I would take it to the dive shop so that they can open it and pressure test it if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom